Conservative news, political cartoons, Breaking news, election news and commentary on politics and the media culture. The perfect forum for conservatives, republicans, libertarians and liberty loving Americans.

Physician asssisted suicide

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just_me View Post
    and not trying to extend that by scientific mean is not suicide
    So, if I need a particular drug (scientific means) and decide not to take that drug (not trying to extend my life) .... are you saying this is not suicide?

Suicide definition: the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally

What is your definition of suicide ????????? I have not seen any definition of suicide that includes "scientific means". I suggest you cannot change a definition to suit your goal.

(Aside: I am not a pro-suicide advocate or pro assisted suicide advocate. There are a few circumstances where I could be ethically at ease with either ... ie throwing yourself on a grenade to save others. People try to invalid this example (and there are a few others) because the word 'suicide' is distasteful rather than based on the definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastfredy0 View Post
      So, if I need a particular drug (scientific means) and decide not to take that drug (not trying to extend my life) .... are you saying this is not suicide?

Suicide definition: the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally

What is your definition of suicide ????????? I have not seen any definition of suicide that includes "scientific means". I suggest you cannot change a definition to suit your goal.

(Aside: I am not a pro-suicide advocate or pro assisted suicide advocate. There are a few circumstances where I could be ethically at ease with either ... ie throwing yourself on a grenade to save others. People try to invalid this example (and there are a few others) because the word 'suicide' is distasteful rather than based on the definition.
      You are mixing up what is happening here. DNR means that you refuse to allow yourself to have your life augmented by the use of scientific machinery to extend it past what God has allowed for you in this life. The key word here is resuscitate. This is not suicide as suicide is the taken of your own life which is not in jeopardy of being lost by natural means.

Comment

• Fastfredy0
        Fastfredy0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Again, I ask you to provide your definition of suicide. Give me a definition that includes "scientific machinery" or “natural causes”; these are terms you add to support your argument and are not found in a dictionary.

Also, my example that you responded to was "someone throwing himself on a grenade” to save others. How is this not a justifiable suicide? Are they giving out medal of honor awards for an unjustified action; surely not.

I also used another example: If I need a particular drug (scientific means your implied part of the definition of ‘suicide’) and decide not to take that drug ... are you saying this is not suicide because I am refusing "scientific means" and I would die of “natural causes”?

Originally posted by Bill Taylor View Post
      As one facing certain death I reject Suicide completely and yes I am in constant pain complimented with, extremely sharp shooting pains, a real fun life! My body reached the point of transitioning from Remitting/Re-curing Multiple Sclerosis into Progressive MS. It a sin to murder the image of YHWH, whose image we are created in. The only difference between Suicide and Assisted Suicide is the number of sinners present.

Before Yashua was ever nailed to that cross, an excruciatingly painful torture by itself, He was battered about while blinded by covering His eyes, He received forty lashes, save one, with a Cat O Nine Tails embedded with shards of glass, rock, pottery and anything else sharp that could be found to use that was sharp and would stab and cut as they wrappee around His Body and then, before the cross they drove that crown of thorns with one inch or better long down on His head. And people inside the Church cannot suffer the pain that kills to glorify the LORD? I pray I never forget to call on the Faithful Elohim of the Christian to give me the endurance to deal with the pain of living for Him. Do I use a Synthetic Opioid? Yep, I do.

Will it kill me? That is one possibility but unlike the abuser, I only use the minimum amount, just enough to kill the pain and my life belongs to Yashuah and not to me anyway. Life and/or death are His choice.
      Your faith and trust as always is a teaching blessing to me.. reba

Comment

Fastfredy0

My arguement was about DNR and I will not dabble beyond that, because if you had not spoken about that particular subject, I would not have commented on this at all. . If you wish to bring in further examples beyond the scope of my comments then I am not obliged to entertain them since they are beyond the scope of my original comments.

As for providing anything I will provide the following. Suicide.is what happens when a person purposely ends his own life when that life would continue on it's own and is not in jeopardy of ending by natural causes. Natural causes is anything God would allow to happen to that person that would end that persons life if it were not for scientific equipment that would artificially extend that life

By scientific machinery, I mean instruments ans/or equipment, that if turned off would result in the natural death of the person it was used upon. It is a life, if you can call it that which goes beyond the limits God has set for it and is lived without any of the quality that God intended for that person and is wholly dependent on the electrical plug that fits into the wall and the generator which feeds electricity through the wires.

This is not Biblical, it isn't even spiritual. It is the huborious of man determining one's fate by virtue of his own designs.
        Last edited by just_me; 04-10-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by islandrazor View Post
          Hawaii has become the eighth state to legalize Physician assisted suicide. Does this line up with scripture? What are the pitfalls of allowing this option?
          No it does not line up with Scripture. Essentially assisted suicide is killing innocent life. This breaks the 10 commandments. It also is a violation of the fact that we are born in the image of God.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap