Anchor Babies and GOP insanity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Babies and GOP insanity

One of the major issues for Republican voters is illegal immigration. As usual, the GOP talks about it, but does nothing about it, and has no ideas that are worth anything.

There has been a lot of talk about anchor babies. There’s no such thing as an anchor baby. The argument is that we can’t deport illegal immigrants with native born children. That’s absolute nonsense. Depart the illegal immigrants and they take their babies with. Am I too stupid to see a problem with this? Or, is the GOP just unwilling to be honest about it? Sure, the children are citizens, but they’re also citizens of where their parents are legal citizens.

Trump is also talking about building a wall (there’s already a fence, for all the good that does). How many of you think you’d need to illegally cross the border to get to Mexico? Do any GOP voters know how illegal immigration works? It starts with a legal border crossing! How will a wall stop that? Yeah, I know, the media keeps telling you that they’re running across the desert. Only some do, and most of them would use legal entry if it were actually possible to build a working wall.

Cut illegal immigrants off of free public services and they’ll self-deport. Enforce “civil rights laws” equally or not at all, and they’ll self-deport (business are allowed to favor Hispanic immigrants, but are not allowed to favor natives). But, it’s not the goal of our government, including the GOP, to get stop illegal immigration.

The best solution to illegal immigration is to make it easier for people to immigrate legally and become citizens. Most immigrants come here to find jobs and earn a living for their families. In the past we welcomed such immigrants and they have contributed much to the strength and prosperity of our country. Obviously we need to screen all immigrants to stop those who come for illegal purposes but enabling immigrants to enter the country legally will make it easier to check their backgrounds.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      The best solution to illegal immigration is to make it easier for people to immigrate legally and become citizens. Most immigrants come here to find jobs and earn a living for their families. In the past we welcomed such immigrants and they have contributed much to the strength and prosperity of our country. Obviously we need to screen all immigrants to stop those who come for illegal purposes but enabling immigrants to enter the country legally will make it easier to check their backgrounds.
      I doubt most illegal immigrants come here to earn a living, certainly not an honest living, as it's illegal for them to have honest jobs. The jobs they do have are black market jobs (along with public assistance). Most illegal immigrants come here for the welfare state*.

If it were up to me, all immigrants would be legal. But, non-citizens would be banned from the public teat. Businesses would be free to discriminate against non-citizens and non-English speakers (e.g. they could require their employees speak English, which is apparently illegal now). Immigrant felons would be deported.

Americans are rightly concerned about the cost of immigrants, in terms of cultural and political damage, as well as welfare and crime. But, the Republican party is useless here and useless on any conservative issue, except for being the lessor of two evils. Voters need to demand more, but conservative voters are fools who sellout their freedom and culture for semitic (Arab) blood.

*Based on the Census Bureau’s March 2013 Current Population Survey, the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) reports that most legal and illegal immigrant heads of households from these three countries received benefits from at least one major benefit program like Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), food stamps (SNAP), free/reduced lunch, public/subsidized housing, and/or Medicaid.

That includes legal immigrants, who can get honest jobs. How much more cheap/free housing, food, and medical care are the illegals receiving, who don't have income that the government knows about.
      Comment>

Sometimes the truth seems so obvious to me that I think I must be missing something that not everyone sees the same obvious truth. The GOP leadership is highly crooked and dishonest, and they play good folk, God-loving Americans for fools. This anchor babies is one such case. It helps assure me of my sanity when I see other views people pointing out the same facts, things I know are facts.

I just ran across this in USA Today: "Thousands of deportees will attest to the fact that having a child, even an infant, who is an American citizen won't stop you from being returned to your country of origin. And any assistance a U.S.-born child might provide in acquiring legal status wouldn't come into play until that baby is of legal age herself, which means the "anchor" has a tether that, at a minimum, stretches across the span of two decades -- hardly the kind of instant safe harbor anti-immigration advocates are implying."

The anchor baby argument is a con on Republican voters, the same for border control to stop illegal immigration. Babies born in the US do not to prevent the family from being deported. And, border security, such as a fence or wall, does not to prevent illegal immigrants from entering the US, aside from convicted felons and contraband runners (granted, we want to stop those people, but that's an issue other than illegal immigration).

(The Iranian nuclear program is a con, just as Saddam's WMDs were cons on Republican voters. Conservatives have been well neutralized by a host of cons.)

Illegal immigration begins and ends with the government providing them with welfare and other benefits. This is attested by a recent study showing that nearly 90% of illegal immigrants with children receive welfare (and, three quarters of legal immigrants with children are on welfare)! We won't let illegal immigrants have a legal job, but we'll pay them to devote their lives to sloth, crime, and cultural degradation -- that's insanity!

*it wouldn't require a Constitutional amendment to ban illegal immigrants from over using "anchor babies" to gain legal status, once the child becomes an adult. It only requires a trivial tweak to immigration law, if there were the will in Congress.

Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap