JFK speaks on health policy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK speaks on health policy.

[FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=16px]President from 1961 until his assassination in 1963 J F Kennedy was a figure of great personal magnetism and the source of great personal scandal; he was a Catholic and that was utterly unacceptable to some* and he was a philanderer but he was also a very effective president who steered the USA through the very troubled waters of the Cuban Missile crisis. Here is a very short video clip of President J F K speaking about health policy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px][/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Footnote: * While I was a Presbyterian Church member in the 1980s and 1990s I spent considerable time in the company of a USA missionary couple who were in Australia to help strengthen the small Presbyterian denomination of which I was a member. That denomination is called Westminster Presbyterian Church. It is theologically conservative but not so much so that one would call it fundamentalist. The missionary couple I knew were from the Presbyterian Church of America. Their christians names were Scott and Libby. I will not give their surnames to allow them to remain somewhat anonymous. It is possible that one or both of them are dead by now, since they were in their 50s or 60s when I knew them. Here is why I say that having a Catholic as USA president was utterly unacceptable to some; Scott and Libby related how they had a celebratory lunch on the day when JFK was assassinated because the Catholic contagion in the White House was finally gone. Now, it is possible that they were a little on the extreme side of things, though I doubt it since they made these remarks over a lunch shared with myself and a number of Westminster Presbyterian Church elders and all of the resident PCA missionaries. Not a single person, myself included, voiced significant disagreement with their perspective. Of course it may have been manners that kept us silent more than ascent to their stated point of view. Nevertheless there it was, stated in the open, not rebuked, so I am inclined to think that some shared their point of view.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Working...
X
Articles - News - SiteMap