Moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior

The history of the USA; There was a great promise not yet fulfilled.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The history of the USA; There was a great promise not yet fulfilled.

[FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=16px]The USA has had a number of very effective presidents who left a mark on the nation that one must conclude was a good mark. One of them was F D Roosevelt - commonly known as FDR - who was first elected in 1932 and died in office in 1945 after winning four presidential elections. He gave the nation Social Security, numerous government projects including the great damns and roads of the nation from which the nation still benefits today. He also had failures and was, like all politicians, a little Machiavellian yet it is clear from his programs and from the plans for new programs that his overall aim was to benefit the nation and especially the working people of the nation. Near the time of his death he had planned the introduction of universal medical cover, a plan not yet implemented in the USA. So even though he was one of the first world leaders to plan this for his people (not the first but certainly an early adopter for a capitalist nation) his nation has not yet accepted this plan even though many other nations have. Canada to the North of the USA has it, the UK to the East of the USA has it, Australia far to the West has it and so too does New Zealand, Scandinavia too has it (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, and Finland), and much of the European Union has it too. Even some communist nations have it Cuba, China, Vietnam, and Laos. Here is a documentary about one of the USA's great presidents.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by peppermint; 07-02-2015, 06:09 AM.

Seems to me a National Health Service is nothing more, or less, than a compulsory insurance plan. If health insurance is good in the private sector, for those who can afford it, I see no reason why it should be bad in the public sector, for everyone. But, America is for Americans. Let them sort their problems out. And, if their patriotism is apt to fail at the very point it hurts their wallets, well, I live in a better country than this, where we care for each other, and begrudge little the few pounds a week it costs to provide treatment for all, regardless of bank balance, free at the point of need.

Best wishes, 2RM.
    Comment>

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]Yes, it is like a civic duty or a civic fee, just as one pays for roads regardless of use so one would pay for medical insurance regardless of use. It could either be by means of private insurance companies or by means of something similar to socil security.[/SIZE][/FONT]
      Comment>

Pepper,

Please read: Concerning Colors and Bold Font

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
          Pepper,

Please read: Concerning Colors and Bold Font

God bless,
          William
          I did, and I am not using bold except in headings within 'daily light'
          Comment>

Sent you a private message. For others having an issue with vision and need for bigger font to see comfortably, use your browsers zoom in and out feature. Hold the control key down while using the + or - key. This will zoom the site in and out, effectively simulating a size 16 font at 120% only on your own browser.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap