• Show
Clear All

• SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Will Announce Retirement On June 26

Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	42029

Rumors are circulating that Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy will announce his retirement from the court on June 26.

Back in May, similar rumors were swirling that he’d make his announcement sometime over the summer.

And now, it appears it’s coming to fruition.

Make no mistake, for some, this past presidential election was absolutely about the nomination of a conservative Supreme Court justice.

Late Justice Antonin Scalia’s death was a major loss for conservatives across the country, who appreciated Scalia’s by-the-book rulings and federalist take on the Constitution.

While Kennedy is perceived to be one of the more conservative SCOTUS justices (he was nominated by Reagan), he’s been the swing vote on a number of controversial cases that have been a 4-4 split otherwise.

So the obvious is true: if Kennedy retires this summer, Trump gets to appoint the person who’ll replace him—

—a development which comes at a time that pro-lifers are hopeful we’re on the cusp of overturning Roe v. Wade, in addition to a slew of other controversial religious liberty cases that will inevitably make their way to the court in the coming years.

Time will tell. Fingers crossed.

Source: Democrats Suffer Another DEBILITATING Blow, This Time In the Form of Supreme Court Justices

All we need now is Ginsberg to vacate her seat and things will be moving pretty well in the "right" direction.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
      All we need now is Ginsberg to vacate her seat and things will be moving pretty well in the "right" direction.
      I was thinking the exact same thing when I re-posted the article.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

I was thinking the exact same thing when I re-posted the article.

God bless,
        William
        Yeah, that is the most likely scenario concerning the remaining justices. She is not getting any younger, though she may end up dying in office at this point just so the Dems don't lose that seat too soon.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap