Moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior

The Federalist: Actually, Obama, Mass Killings Aren’t Uncommon In Other Countries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Federalist: Actually, Obama, Mass Killings Aren’t Uncommon In Other Countries

Obama: "This type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries."

The post The Federalist: Actually, Obama, Mass Killings Aren’t Uncommon In Other Countries appeared first on Dinesh D'Souza.

More...

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]Mass killings (outside of war) are not very common in western democracies including the USA. The USA does appear to have more than its fair share but I haven't seen a good statistical analysis of such data from comparable countries. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Comment>

So, mass killings are just not that common. But I cannot think but that it would be good idea to minimise their occurrence, even further. And there are two factors in this latest tragedy that cry out for attention; the easy availability of guns, and deep racism. I recognise the political impossibility of removing the right of the US citizen to bear arms in the current political climate, as well as the inefficacy of legislation to tackle hatred. Racist attitudes are just not something you can legislate against. But I nevertheless would advocate 'soft power' societal moves in these directions, for the greater protection of the nation from such threats.

I am not an American. At the end of the day, I am happy to let Americans be Americans, and do what they like with their gun laws, and think what they like of their component peoples. I just feel safer in the UK for the gun laws enacted since Hungerford and Dunblane, and would prefer my American friends to enjoy that sense of security, also.

Best wishes, 2RM.
      Last edited by 2ndRateMind; 06-21-2015, 07:53 AM.
      Comment>

[FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=16px]You are safer in the UK than in the USA. There are far less killings in the UK (per capita). The USA has an unusually high murder rate for a western democracy.[/SIZE][/FONT]
        Comment>

The article in the OP mentioned one of two each in different countries. USA seems to have many in the one country.

But I too would like to see some proper stats on this.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap