Moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior

Obama was Asked if He Cares About Anti-Semitism From Iranian Leaders, His Response will Make You Angry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama was Asked if He Cares About Anti-Semitism From Iranian Leaders, His Response will Make You Angry

We all know President Obama isn’t a big fan of Israel, and he’s politically slapped them in the face a number of times to make this point crystal clear, but what he just said regarding the anti-Semitic garbage coming from Iranian leaders will make your blood boil.

In short, the president was asked if he cared about the racism toward Jews in Israel that Iran’s leaders continually spew out, and in a long, drawn out kind of way, said no.

From Jerusalem Post:

… His devotion to Israel’s security, and its right to exist, was a repeated theme in the interview; But he rejected that dealing with the Islamic Republic in Iran undermined that commitment, questioning instead the alternatives proposed by the Netanyahu government.

Obama also rejected the notion that anti-Semitism at the highest levels of Iran’s leadership proves their government is irrational.

“The fact that you are anti-Semitic, or racist, doesn’t preclude you from being interested in survival,” Obama said, speaking of Tehran’s leadership. “It doesn’t preclude you from being rational about the need to keep your economy afloat; it doesn’t preclude you from making strategic decisions about how you stay in power; and so the fact that the supreme leader is anti-Semitic doesn’t mean that this overrides all of his other considerations.”

He said that, historically, anti-Semitic policies have been executed by governments across Europe and the Middle East at a “low cost.” His policy is to make clear to the Iranians that the cost is high, he said.

“Look, 20 years from now, I’m still going to be around, God willing. If Iran has a nuclear weapon, it’s my name on this,” he said. “I think it’s fair to say that in addition to our profound national security interests, I have a personal interest in locking this down.”
    Now, let’s reverse rolls here for a minute.

Would Obama be willing to work on a deal with a country that regularly and openly talked about killing Muslims, destroying their countries, and dancing on the graves of their dead?

I highly doubt it, especially given how he and the rest of the left condemn anyone who says anything even remotely negative about Islam or it’s radical followers.

He’d be up in arms, giving speeches on television sputtering nonsense and pandering as hard as his little heart could pander to the Muslim community.

Obama has spent significant time decrying how evil racism is and demanding America make changes to be more “inclusive” and less tolerant of hate, but here is, totally overlooking the same kind of behavior he condemns on American soil.

The message I get from all of this is it’s not okay to be racist unless you’re racist against the right group of people. It’s okay to hate whites and Jews, but not okay to hate blacks or Mexicans.

It’s a pretty glaring double standard.

Shouldn’t hate and racism be universally condemned, regardless of the people group participating in it or who the victims are?

The bottom line is Obama shouldn’t be cutting deals with a foreign government that hates our guts and wants to wipe out our allies.

This should be common sense, but we all know that’s in short supply with this administration.
Working...
X
Articles - News - SiteMap