Transgender Obama Appointee Calls for Ban on “Conversion Therapy”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Obama Appointee Calls for Ban on “Conversion Therapy”

The White House released a video featuring Amanda Simpson, executive director of U.S. Army Office of Energy Initiatives and first transgender Obama administration appointee, calling for a law banning “conversion therapy,” in which parents, ministers and others provide therapy to those with questions concerning gender identity or sexual orientation. Such a ban would prohibit someone from freely choosing to go to this kind of therapy and parents from having their children talk to their pastor about these issues.

The video also features Jay Davis, a transgender advisor at the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Obama’s senior advisor Valerie Jarrett.

From Truth Revolt:

“A couple of days ago, the White House came out in support of efforts to ban the use of conversion therapy,” Simpson stated in a release. “And as a transgender woman, this is especially personal to me”…

In one moment of the video, chief technology officer Megan Smith reads a quote by Thomas Jefferson inscribed on the wall at his memorial in Washington, D.C. she claims is timely to this matter:

I am not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.

In the release that directs others to the video, Simpson clarifies that this issue isn’t isolated to the transgender or homosexual community, but the whole of America. “Our nation was founded on the ideals of equality and acceptance for everyone, and forcing an individual to be someone they aren’t goes directly against what this country stands for,” Simpson writes.
    Certainly, no one should be forced to undergo this type of therapy against his or her will, but the ban proposed by the White House would also prevent people from freely choosing to undergo therapy. By rejecting freedom of association and liberty, the Obama administration’s ban would seem to undermine the principals upon which the nation was founded.

What do you think? Tell us in the comments.

To change gender is a selfish act of refusing to take on the responsibilities of whoever we are born to be, man or woman. God does not make mistakes. We are who we are for God's reasons and are to live up to them as He gives us the ability. Transgender is evil because we abandon the natural use of our bodies, per what the Bible warned would happen in the end times. If I understand the article correctly, and I'm not sure I do, Obama is against transgender operations? Freedom without responsibility is soon lost. Responsibility is to God to do His will. Those who do not believe in the true God don't care and will want to do what they want. We are to spread the Gospel to all, be in season, out of season, rebuke, reprove, and exhort all longsuffering and doctrine. God gives the increase according to His good pleasure. People seeking any selfish extreme might still be saved some day. Paul set a fine example of this. Who would have thought in his time that He would be saved and become a great Apostle? Is transgender any worse? Both sinned greatly, but the saving grace of Jesus has one boundary: do not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. I believe this means do not go to your grave disbelieving in Jesus.

"Invalid server response. Please try again." just came up. I clicked OK and I'm back. Is "conversion therapy" where we try to convert such people to Christ or where people are being told to change their sex? All this is so whacked, I can't keep up with it.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap