Moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior

Obama Cuts 2.6 Billion From Veterans While Allocating 4.5 Billion To Syrian Migrants Moving To America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Cuts 2.6 Billion From Veterans While Allocating 4.5 Billion To Syrian Migrants Moving To America

US World Report

Veteran Affairs is one of the most mismanaged government program in the United States. Veterans cannot make appointments, the cost for treatment is outrageous, over 307,000 veterans died waiting for care, yet nobody has been held accountable. The most recent atrocity by the VA came when the VA went to Congress, less than three months before the end of the fiscal year, short $2.6 billion in funds in order to care for the veterans.

The Secretary of Veteran Affairs, Robert McDonald, told Congress that if they do not receive $2.6 billion more in funds, they will have to deny veterans the care they deserve. The VA has been known to delay doctor appointments, especially in the past 7 years. Robert McDonald has only been Secretary of Veteran Affairs for the past year, yet he has already made some horrific things. “What you’re seeing is a sea of change in the way VA operates. Historically, we’ve managed to a budget instead of managing to requirements based on veterans’ needs.”

After discussing the possibility of closing some of the VA hospitals, Congress passed an emergency spending bill worth $3.5 billion. Josh Earnest, White House spokesman, said that the United States has committed to spend $4.5 billion in order to help rebuild Syria while also addressing the refugee camps scattered throughout Europe. $419 million will be designated for humanitarian aid assisting with Syrian refugees. The money is coming from the United States Agency for International Development which means that Congress will not get the chance to deny the funding.

While thousands of veterans are dying waiting for medical care and even more are living on the streets, the United States is sending over several billion dollars to help other countries. The United States can’t even take care of those who protect its freedom, yet the Obama Administration doesn’t seem to notice or care.

This is very sad and disappointing. I think that first and foremost, the government should prioritise its citizens. They are the bread and butter of every country, with the taxes they pay and the services they give. So no matter what, it's the government's responsibility to take into consideration their needs. I do understand that Syria is in a very devastating situation right now. But that budget allocated for its rebuilding is very high and it even surpassed the budget for the veterans. I also understand that the US government is just trying to patch things up in there but really, it's not their responsibility to do that. It's the Syrian government that needs to take care of their rebels.

I also understand that the Syrian government doesn't have much power to stop these terrorists. And that's frustrating as well on their part... But the US government needs to just give enough support them. After all, there are people struggling in America as well and they need to be prioritised. The veterans are mostly elderly people that cannot take care of themselves. And they do need support especially with their conditions and illnesses.

It's the same way in our country... Thousands are denied medical health care everyday. Thousands die of malnutrition or illnesses because they cannot afford food or medicines. It's the sad reality of life that happens everyday. We can help them but it pains me that the government here is so corrupt that they take the money intended for these people. Sigh...
    Comment>

As much as I would like to appreciate how they are helping others, I think it's about time that they helped themselves and their own kind first. They are basically siphoning off funding for their own people - people who fought for their country, instead they are being pushed aside so the US could look good helping other countries that have fallen on hard times. It's a really sad thing when PR is more important than actually doing some good in your own backyard. I guess it's hard to put yourself in the US's shoes though. You have to act like a leader, a benevolent host, a winged savior, just because the world expects you to do it. It's a pretty messed up situation on all sides.
      Comment>

No surprise, Cloward and Piven is going as planned. I must say that anyone could see this coming. Every conversation about President Obama begins and ends with the name Zbigniew Brzezinski. Veterans, Libertarians, and Constitutional Patriots are the new enemy. President Obama is just a puppet, and the Syrian migrants are all part of the Cloward and Piven strategy.
        Comment>

Just another day in America under the Obama administration. It seems like everyday I am hearing stories like this. Obama seems to have his own agenda, and the doesn't seem to be his priority.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap