X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power, Money, and the Good Society.

It has been said that all of political philosophy is about 'Who gets what? And says who?' So, I am interested in the forum's views concerning the good society. Is a good society about each contributing what they can, and some authority distributing that amongst everyone according to what they need, as Karl Marx thought, or is a good society fundamentally about an individual's freedom to realise the dream of his/her ambitions, irrespective of the needs of others? Is there a necessary conflict between these ideas, or can they be reconciled, and if so, how?

Best wishes, 2RM.
    Last edited by 2ndRateMind; 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM.

Originally posted by 2ndRateMind View Post
    It has been said that all of political philosophy is about 'Who gets what? And says who?' So, I am interested in the forum's views concerning the good society. Is a good society about each contributing what they can, and some authority distributing that amongst everyone according to what they need, as Karl Marx thought, or is a good society fundamentally about an individual's freedom to realise the dream of his/her ambitions, irrespective of the needs of others? Is there a necessary conflict between these ideas, or can they be reconciled, and if so, how?

Best wishes, 2RM.
    Every society in some way has some form of ideal Utopia. "Is there a necessary conflict between these ideas, or can they be reconciled, and if so, how?" I believe God thinks so, and is why a Cherubim was placed between paradise and man with a flaming sword. I think, you know the answer to how these things may be reconciled? After all, you're amongst Christians!

God bless,
    William

Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap