Why should Christians feed a company and help it stay in business, “knowing that it is going to use money to support an anti-Christian agenda?”

Hershey and Child Slavery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child slavery was never truly approved by God. This was always something forced by man, and man alone. God's intention and design was, after all, for children to be free and to ultimately inherit the kingdom of God. For such belongs to these little ones.....
    Comment>

I wasn't aware of this before this post to be honest. I think the problem with this is that, can it really be considered child slavery? It is easy for us over here in European countries to argue that these children should have an education and should be in school and not working in factories. But for them and their families, a few dollars that we consider to be extremely low could actually be massive for them. It could be the difference between having a decent enough meal and starving. Like said above, there is nothing stopping them from leaving and stopping work therefore it cannot be really considered as slavery. I do however feel like more could be done to improve the conditions and give these children more rights because right now they are being taken advantage of.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap