The process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth

Dinosaurs, Birds and Cryptids

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinosaurs, Birds and Cryptids

Hello, growing up I always have a love for dinosaurs and still do to this day. Over the years we have gotten to learn more about them through there fossils and even got blood tissue from certain fossils. Many scientist speculate and even agree on the theory that birds are living dinosaurs, evolving from dinosaurs such as velociraptor and other small feathered theropods. Over the years, this was something a bit hard to swallow. Mainly due to me coming from a christian family and mainly due to me finding it hard that all modern birds evolved from dinosaurs. However, I have done some research and came across some interesting information that made me find it even harder to believe this. One of them is that there is a creature known as protoavis, a creature that is said to exist 210 million years ago and is also more close to being a primitive bird than dinosaur. I have also read articles about there being shore bird footprints found around the time of the late Triassic period. There are also cases of cryptids, which are creatures such as bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster. Basically creatures that have not been truly documented, but simply spotted in certain regions. A number of said creatures have been identified as dinosaurs such as Mokele Mbeme (a saurpod) and Ropen (a pterodon). I don't want to sound like a whack job or anything and I know that I am new here, so I am probably not making the best first impressions. But putting aside crytpids for those who are unsure of them, do you believe birds came from dinosaurs or have some sort of relationship to them? What is your take on feathered dinosaurs and what do you say to the evidence?

Originally posted by Clawstomp View Post
    What is your take on feathered dinosaurs and what do you say to the evidence?
    Not really a subject I'm interested in but thought to share a link with you that I read a while ago: Feathered dinosaurs not feathers - creation.com

Of course the artist depictions are another thing - it just takes a little imagination - under the guise of science, right?

Click image for larger version  Name:	feather3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	43015

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I am guessing the lot of things science pretends to tell you as a truth are imagination. Because think about it. There is some level of atmosphere on upper strata of our earth. That means god made some bacteria over there too. And scientist may call it extraterrestrial. How come you call it that way? Why things have to be taken with humans ego in mind? I mean they could be here all way along when god made it. Just got discovered by science now.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Clawstomp View Post
        Over the years we have gotten to learn more about them through there fossils and even got blood tissue from certain fossils.
        Doesn't the fact that we have been able to get blood tissue from fossils show that they might not be millions of years old as most people believe? Most scientists believe the fossils were formed over a time of millions of years. Another view is that they are one result of the worldwide flood in the time of Noah. If the second view is correct there hasn't been enough time for birds to evolve from dinosaurs. There is scientific evidence that the world is only a few thousand years old.

The missing navels | clydeherrin
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Not really a subject I'm interested in but thought to share a link with you that I read a while ago: Feathered dinosaurs not feathers - creation.com

Of course the artist depictions are another thing - it just takes a little imagination - under the guise of science, right?

Click image for larger version Name:	feather3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	43015

God bless,
          William
          Thanks, I actually read that article some time ago. I used to go on this website from time and time again to here its opinion on feathered dinosaurs. The thing that seems odd to me about the whole feather dinosaur deal is is that there is fake fossil factory in China and that is where most most feathered dinosaur fossils are found. I'm surprised when a new dinosaur is discovered there, no one seems to skeptical on is authenticity. Not that I'm saying every fossil from there is fake. However, a do agree with you on the artist depiction. I can't help but think there may be a bit of wishful thinking in some of their pictures, the dinosaurs just look too puffy or colorful in some cases.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap