The process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth

Young earth evidence

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
    Well, along with Genesis 1-2 which I've already mentioned, we can pop over to Matthew 1, or even better, Luke 3, and take a look at the genealogy there, which traces the human ancestry of Jesus all the way back to Adam. And Jesus to Adam = a young earth (if we take the plain and simple meaning of St. Luke's text anyway).
    No one has ever come up with the same age twice in a row. So it fails any practical test.
    Not is the topic covered in different ways by seperate authors.
    Nor is a young earth even hinted at as a topic in scripture.
    Comment>

Check: Home
      Comment>

Originally posted by The Librarian View Post

I didn't say that the hills are from everlasting. Scripture says that.
        I just discovered what it says in my research.

My goal is to show that scripture is hostile to the idea that the earth is young.
        After 10 years of following ICR as a fan I concluded they were wrong and that the
        "Plain and simple" reading of scripture claims the earth to be ancient.
        "Everlasting" is difficult to shoehorn into a "young earth" for any literalist.
        And YE Creationists are proud to call themselves literalists. I was.

Anyone wishing to use the "Plain and simple" reading of scripture must
        agree that the earth is not young. It took me a decade to see it so I don't
        expect any converts any time soon.

Habakkuk 3:6 He stood, and shook the earth; he looked, and made ...
        ... Yes, the perpetual mountains were shattered, The ancient hills collapsed. ... The
        age-old mountains break apart; the ancient hills sink down. ...
        Genesis 49:26 Your father's blessings are greater than the ...
        blessings of the oldest
        mountains and the riches of the ancient hills. May these ...
        Deuteronomy 33:15 with the choicest gifts of the ancient mountains ...
        ... the finest fruits from the oldest mountains, the best from the ancient hills, .... ...
        Psalm 76:4 You are radiant with light, more majestic than ...
        ... You shine brightly and reveal your majesty, as you descend from the hills where
        you killed your prey. ... You are more majestic than the ancient mountains. ...
        That's not what Scripture says, it the hills are everlasting, not from everlasting. You push millions of years to mean ancient when it doesn't take millions of years for something to become ancient.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap