If you want to discuss atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism in general, this forum is the place to be! Got any news / activism related to the atheist movement?

Favorite Christian band

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Christian band

Its called Godsmack and it'd very uplifting and inspirational

Originally posted by JT812 View Post
    Its called Godsmack and it'd very uplifting and inspirational
    You realize Godsmack isn't a Christian band? Are you trolling?
    Comment>

I don't have a favorite Christian band. I like a number of secular classic rock bands. I like Gospel and classic Christian music. But, I find contemporary Christian music to be useless.
      Comment>

I like Creed, and I must say that they had me fooled at first with songs such as this, thinking they were a Christian band.

Comment>

Casting Crowns
          Hillsong
          Jeremy Camp
          Sidewalk Prophets
          Big Daddy Weave

I've seen Third Day in concert, they were great, but they're just not my style of music.
          Comment>

It has to be Lifehouse for me, although they're not entirely a Christian band. The vocalist and bassist are both Christians though. They admit that they don't like being labeled as a Christian band because then people would put a wall up and not listen to their songs. But both of these members attend Vineyard, a non-denominational church. Both were involved in the youth group in the church as well as the chorale group. Both of their parents were also missionaries.

The band vocalist, Jason, did admit that their songs are spiritually based, not necessarily Christian songs. Jason also said before that he has had experiences of people mistreating his dad just because he was divorced to his mother. And that has actually affected his concept of Christians. He said that God is a forgiving God and very compassionate, which sadly, we cannot see more today.

My favourite songs from this band are:
            • Everything
            • Hanging By A Moment
            • Breathing
            • Anchor
            • Storm
            • Only One
            You won't necessarily think or interpret these songs as about God. But when you listen deeper to them, you'll understand how they're about God.
            Comment>

I really don't listen too christian music to often unless I need bit of a pick me up. However, if I had to pick I would have to pick Skillet. I have been listening to their music for years and just last year found out they were a christian band. I was surprised to hear that at first but after doing research it turned out to be true. You learn something new every day.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Clawstomp View Post
                I really don't listen too christian music to often unless I need bit of a pick me up. However, if I had to pick I would have to pick Skillet. I have been listening to their music for years and just last year found out they were a christian band. I was surprised to hear that at first but after doing research it turned out to be true. You learn something new every day.
                I love Skillet too. Other bands with similar style are Red and Fireflight. I'd recommend you listen to Yours Again by Red; and For Those Who Wait by Fireflight. They're both songs that every time I listen to, take my back to my years of atheism. My all time favorite would be Red though. I love how relatable their lyrics are, and overall their style sounds great to me.
                Comment>

I'm not aware of a lot of christian brand but i have two of my favorites that i have been following for a while now, which are Skillet and Red.
                  Comment>

I like the irish roots of this song a lot-and it features the older sister of Enya which is Moya Brennan and also the guy that was in the Doobie Brothers(michael mcdonald) as well. Moya Brennan is listed in the music genre as contemporary christian-but not sure when you add Michael Mcdonald singing with her in this song called "Don't Give Up"-its quite refreshing though.

Comment>

I admit I'm a bit picky about christian music. I do love Skillet and Fireflight though. They're really good bands with great lyrics. I know some people don't like them for the music genre, but maybe they don't pay attention to the lyrics. I also like some Hillsong songs and Lifehouse.
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap