Atheist Richard Dawkins: “Any Fetus is Less Human Than an Adult Pig”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheist Richard Dawkins: “Any Fetus is Less Human Than an Adult Pig”

“With respect to those meanings of ‘human’ that are relevant to the morality of abortion, any fetus is less human than an adult pig.” — A tweet from Richard Dawkins, echoing philosopher Peter Singer, who has made the same comparison. Dawkins is probably the world’s most famous, or infamous, proponent of atheism, but a belief […]

More...

No wonder he is a vegetable in wheel chair now. He had fallen on that condition to make him wake up to the existence of God but his pride can't open his eyes. He is still very firm about his atheism. His statement have no difference to those Vegans who fights for animal rights but promotes abortion. I know the atheists see him as a saint like icon and representation. He is one of those people who are aggressive against the existence of God.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
      No wonder he is a vegetable in wheel chair now. He had fallen on that condition to make him wake up to the existence of God but his pride can't open his eyes. He is still very firm about his atheism. His statement have no difference to those Vegans who fights for animal rights but promotes abortion. I know the atheists see him as a saint like icon and representation. He is one of those people who are aggressive against the existence of God.
      I believe you are confusing Steven Hawking with Richard Dawkins.
      Comment>

When he 'wakes up' in eternity someday -- he will have quite a shock. Hopefully --Before then -- He will 'wake up' to the truth of God's existence and accept Him.
        Comment>

I just 'Google'd both men. Richard Dawkins is the atheist / evolutionist. Stephen Hawking is a brilliant man who has ALS. A very different man. And, yes, Dawkins Is infamous.
          Comment>

I read that and all I could think was, so Richard Dawkins fails basic biology then? He discusses evolution frequently, and yet is unaware of the conflict between this statement and evolutionary biology (which is his subject)? If only beings that can feel pain deserve the respect that avoids killing them, then what does he eat? Science has shown plants and even invertabrates can register pain. An amoba under a microscope moves away from a pointing needle.

I looked up a second article on this and he did clarify his position slightly, with the following statement:
            "The most important moral question in abortion debate is 'Can it feel pain?' Late abortuses may, but you don't have to be human to feel pain," he wrote. "Unlike many pro-choice friends, I think fetal pain could outweigh woman's right to control her own body. But pig pain matters too." Richard Dawkins
            Read more at christianpost.com

Atheist professor Richard Dawkins has stirred up a firestorm on his Twitter account by suggesting that the only moral question behind abortion is whether a fetus can feel pain or not, by which logic he reasoned that they are "less human" than adult pigs.
            Comment>

Dawkins is a smart dude, but he doesn't have a PhD in metaphysics.
              Comment>

Both Dawkins and Hawking are very intelligent men.

Dawkins is the strong atheist / evolutionist.

I've come to know a few atheists in recent years -- seems that the smarter they are - the harder they are to try to 'reach' -- science is their 'god'. But they don't see a need For any specific 'god'. As in 'if a person feels a need For one, there are plenty to choose from' .
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap