Dads: You Matter, And We Appreciate You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dads: You Matter, And We Appreciate You

Many will use Father’s Day as a day to point out the failures of men in child-rearing. This is not my motivation today. I have written in the past about the role of a father versus the role of a dad. How one is distant and one is engaged. I will not rehash that here […]

More...

I read something similar earlier today about how people don't put as much importance into father's day as they do mother's day. I don't know if that is true out there, but for me personally it couldn't be less true. I've always been a daddy's girl and I love my father more than words could ever say. He has always sacrificed to make sure that I had every opportunity to succeed in my life and he provided a happy and secure childhood for me. I could write a book with all the things that my father has done for me that I am grateful for today, but suffice it to say: Daddy, I love you. Always have and always will. Happy Father's Day to all loving Dads!!!
    Comment>

Great Post, Sheilah. I hope your dad is going to see this. I know he will love the way you express your love for him. I do agree that sometimes it does seem like mothers are given more attention but I think that is more from the product creators and manufacturers and marketing side of things rather than to say that kids make more of a fuss over mothers than fathers - at least that's been my experience.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap