What is your opinion about abortion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your opinion about abortion?

I heard that it is not allowed in many religions because it is something like doing murder or killing someone as a child birth is natural process. In my opinion it is better to give birth to the child rather than abortion or it is better to use precautions during the sexual intercourse. People are facing such a problem because they are getting away from religion and its boundaries.

I heard from a few doctor that many women are suffering from psychological problems due to the abortion as regret remains throughout the life. Everyone would have a different opinion about it. So what do you think about it?

Abortion is murder, plain and simple. That is the way God views it, therefore, we as Christians should view it that way as well.

For anyone who does not want to become pregnant there really is only one sure-fire method: abstinence. Of course that is not "popular" amongst our culter, therefore we are face with people have sex outside of marriage that end up pregnant and are forced to make that horrible decision that was predicated by their selfish desires.
    Comment>

I've always viewed abortion as a sin. But, I have known a few who went through it. I was even shocked to come across a profile account on facebook selling cytotec, a medication causing uterine contractions. It says "my body, my choice". It is indeed your choice but it is not your body. I believe God has given us gifts and we are responsible to take care of them.
      Comment>

I feel that this is a very sensitive subject that may require a very well profound and an in depth analysis. I strongly stand against abortion because i believe that we as humans were given the ability to think for ourselves and asses our actions, no one has ever gotten pregnant by mistake it's our own actions and we should face the consequences of them.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Zero View Post
          I feel that this is a very sensitive subject that may require a very well profound and an in depth analysis. I strongly stand against abortion because i believe that we as humans were given the ability to think for ourselves and asses our actions, no one has ever gotten pregnant by mistake it's our own actions and we should face the consequences of them.
          I do believe you missed a "s" in one of the words you used there.
          Comment>

I believe that abortion should not be allowed and should be highly condemned. Those who practice such acts do not love God. I normally like to ask, what if their parents decided not to give birth and terminate their pregnancies. Where would they be? I acknowledge that man is to error. But, that statement should not be justified in abortion. Whenever people engage in sexual practices and it goes wrong, they should be ready to take full responsibility for their acts. After all, taking care of a child is not that hard. You never know, maybe that child will be the Obama of tomorrow.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Gad View Post
              After all, taking care of a child is not that hard. You never know, maybe that child will be the Obama of tomorrow.
              Hi Gad,

Are you suggesting that the lack of parenting produces the "Obama of tomorrow"? We're talking about the same Obama that was the most hostile president in the history of America towards religion, and the most extreme advocate of pro-choice?

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Gad --- It's Not that hard taking care of a child? Are you a parent? I've raised four to adulthood. Apparently you're a Democrat. :)

And I've also heard that there are guilt problems that women face after their abortions. Abortion Is killing a developing person. Some people advocate it If the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest. But -- that would depend on counseling available -- the emotional state / physical condition of the impregnated woman.

Mostly pregnancy requires the actions of two people. Practice self-control. Just say "No".
                Comment>

William, I meant that giving a child the chance to live opens up many opportunities to then including being a famous athlete, footballer or even a president. By referring to Obama, I did not necessarily mean the person himself, but the post he held.
                  Comment>

@Sue I am not a parent. Like it is said, one should be able to fix their own mistakes. If one already messed up by engaging in sexual activities outside marriage, raising up the kid should not be hard. After all they knew the risks but went ahead.
                    Comment>

I've parented four children. It's a challenge. Raising a child with Biblical morals / ethics is Challenging. And its' Expensive.

Being in the position to have to consider abortion would be horrible. I'd be willing to help give emotional support / lots of it to enable the expectant mother to make it through the pregnancy and then find a Christian home for the baby.
                      Comment>

Abortion is terminating life the bible tells us that "though shall not kill" Dout 5 6-21 both parties procuring abortion have committed murder
                        Comment>

I think that any BABY that wants to be aborted, should have to submit his/her request in writing with two witnesses to verify that he/she was not coerced. Then a medical panel should weigh the pro's and con's and only if the Abortion is determined to be in the best interest of the baby should it be allowed. In all other cases, society has an obligation to protect its weakest members and should pursue both criminal and civil actions against the mother for harm done to the baby.

If it is not OK to drown a baby 13 weeks after it is born, it is not OK to kill that same baby 13 weeks before it is born.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap