The deliberate termination of a human pregnancy

22-Year-Old’s Search for Her Biological Mother Goes Viral: “All I Know is I Have Two Siblings”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22-Year-Old’s Search for Her Biological Mother Goes Viral: “All I Know is I Have Two Siblings”

In Pennsylvania, 22-year-old Kathleen McGlade is looking for her biological mother. She was placed for adoption through the Catholic Social Agency Diocese of Allentown and knows from her adoptive parents that she has a biological brother and sister. McGlade said, “The mom gave no information to the agency. I have no idea where I came […]

More...

There is a very moving programme on this side of the Atlantic called Long Lost Families.

Each program has two stories of people searching for a long lost relative, very often a mother who gave up a child many years ago because she was pregnant and single, sometimes a man or woman looking for a sibling, sometimes, as in this case, an adopted child, now grown up and looking for (usually) their birth mother.

The people concerned have been looking for their relative for many years and have got nowhere. The team on the programme pick up their case. Of course we don’t know how many they cannot help but they do seem very successful and sometimes find them in other countries, following the slimmest of clues.

The interviews and meetings are filmed. It’s all very sensitively done and fascinating viewing.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap