Partial birth abortion is insane ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial birth abortion is insane ....

I find it curious that those who are so quick to call us who believe in life a lot of choice words, also, with few exception, strongly support partial birth abortion. I'm of course meaning the type in which a living child is being pulled from the birth canal, is partially out, but then the surgeon kills him or her. Now I was in the room when both of my children were born. For someone to tell me a few inches of mom is the difference between a moral act and a murder is just insane. Granted, here in the US, there is the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 that outlawed the practice.

Does anyone else find this strange, even by pro-choice standards? :eek:

Originally posted by Nahum View Post
    Does anyone else find this strange, even by pro-choice standards?
    No I don't, but I consider it the result of the leftist's slippery slope. Some don't get it, but I follow a rule especially in politics, I do not even consider a political candidate if they are pro-choice. My reasoning is simple, if they haven't an issue with the taking of life at the most innocent stage of life, why would they care about any other stage of development?

Just adding some additional information:

Perhaps the greatest scourge of American civilization in its entire 200+ year history has been the nightmarish butchering of over 48 million unborn babies (“Abortion in the...,” 2007). In 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court declared that the term “person” in the 14th Amendment to the Constitution does not extend to the unborn. Those with moral sensibilities were encouraged when the U.S. Congress passed the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act in 2003, only to have it struck down by both the Eighth and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals. But now a glimmer of light in this otherwise dark, dismal swamp of human depravity has shone forth. In a 5-4 decision, the U.S. Supreme Court has overturned the decisions of the federal district courts, thereby upholding the congressional ban on partial birth abortion. Among the majority of the justices were the two latest appointees to the Court—Roberts and Alito. In concurring with the opinion of the Court, Justice Thomas, joined by Justice Scalia, added: “I write separately to reiterate my view that the Court’s abortion jurisprudence, including Casey and Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), has no basis in the Constitution” (Gonzales v...., emp. added).

Though this decision is encouraging, and a particularly barbaric, hideous form of abortion has been made illegal, the practice of abortion in its many other forms continues on a daily basis all over the nation. The blood of the innocent continues to cry out to God (Genesis 4:10; Proverbs 6:17).
    Further resource: Partial birth abortion
    Comment>

I am horrified at the thought of PBA. I find it impossible to believe that any human being would not be. I know some folks who are staunchly Pro-Death/Choice. None are monsters (that I know of anyway), but none allow themselves to truly consider what is happening where PBA is concerned (or where any abortion is concerned for that matter). Though nearly 100% of all abortions are performed for the sake of the mother's convenience (not for the sake of the mother's health/life), the Pro-Death people that I know simply turn a blind eye to what is really happening, because Abortion is the final solution for an unwanted pregnancy, w/o which a person's sexual freedom could be hampered (to a degree, at least).
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

This is really pushing the limits. It's one thing to terminate a pregnancy, but it's another to give partial birth, only to kill the child. I can't believe this is even legal. It blows my mind that this is even an option. I don't understand why this would be given as an option and why a woman would want to put herself through giving birth, only to have a doctor take that child's life. I truly hope that a mother going through this or maybe even having to go through this without a choice, is put under in some way. No one deserves to witness this without a choice.
        Comment>

Abortion is that big fat ELEPHANT in the room. I truly believe that abortion is the civil rights issue of our time. Partial birth abortion is a straw man argument that is based in ideology rather than facts. Partial birth is insane and immoral, and I will never forget reading the quotes of Margaret Sanger. Abortion at it's very core is about eugenics and population control.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Tshaka View Post
            Abortion is that big fat ELEPHANT in the room. I truly believe that abortion is the civil rights issue of our time.
            Well said. Life is indeed a civil rights issue. I do believe there is foundational document that reads:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
            ;)
            Comment>

I never understood how a woman could say "it is my body, it is my choice." Science can prove the baby is a separate living being. Every child has it's own DNA profile from that of the mother. A mother cannot control the baby's body movements, or feel pain inflicted on the child.
              Comment>

Good point, AnnaBanana. I saw a signature on another forum that read "Pro-Choice is a LIE. No baby opted to be murdered." And that is exactly right. The precious being snuffed out is not those making the decision or performing the procedure. And, yet, so many can't, or won't, accept that reality.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap