Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

What Should Be Done To Halt the Collapse of Western Civilization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Should Be Done To Halt the Collapse of Western Civilization?

In the interest of helping Muslims to not feel intimidated by all this talk about Muslim demographics and Sharia law, I propose that we permit the most holy book of Islam to be accurately represented in this thread and that we all reverently consider the merits of the Islamic religion in this song by Patrick Henry.

Comment>

Western Civilization can't be saved. Those on the Left want to destroy it. Those on the Right don't know how to save it (hint, saving the West starts with pulling out of the middle-east, and instead focus on liberating Christians at home).

Comment>

Only one thing could save Western civilization- repentance.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
          Western Civilization can't be saved. Those on the Left want to destroy it. Those on the Right don't know how to save it (hint, saving the West starts with pulling out of the middle-east, and instead focus on liberating Christians at home).
          I agree that Western Civilization can't be saved. Prophecy must be fulfilled. The world will end precisely in the way that we see things unfolding.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
            I agree that Western Civilization can't be saved. Prophecy must be fulfilled. The world will end precisely in the way that we see things unfolding.

Fatalism: the belief that all events are predetermined and therefore inevitable.
            a submissive outlook, resulting from a fatalistic attitude.

In the Hyper-Calvinist camp they say, "If God is Sovereign why try"? "Why evangelize if God chooses those to salvation"? Likewise, what you are suggesting, "If prophecy must be fulfilled why try? "The world will end precisely in the way that we see things unfolding", so why try?

Originally posted by RevT View Post
            Only one thing could save Western civilization- repentance.
            Nailed it.

Romans 11:29. And, the God of the Bible ordains the means to an end. The ordinary means by which God gathers his people is through their hearing and believing the gospel message. Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:10, "Therefore, I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory." It is only when we recognize God's absolute sovereignty that we can be assured of results. God blesses the faithful dissemination of his word. He promises that his word will never return to him void or empty, but will accomplish the purpose for which he sent it (Isa. 55:11).

While I wish that the Elect has a great big "E" printed on their backs (would greatly save time and effort), we do not know who are the elect and must preach the Gospel message to everyone without distinction - that is from every tribe, tongue, and nation.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
              Fatalism: the belief that all events are predetermined and therefore inevitable.
              a submissive outlook, resulting from a fatalistic attitude.
              Realism: When one understands the power of a tsunami and sees one coming, then one promptly escapes to high ground. It’s not time to go bodysurfing.

Comment>

Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
                Realism: When one understands the power of a tsunami and sees one coming, then one promptly escapes to high ground. It’s not time to go bodysurfing.
                Matthew 10:39 "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

People find life, who are delivered out of danger. People think those that die are certainly lost, because they are not thinking of the life to come.

John Gill:

Whoever is desirous of preserving himself from troubles, reproaches, persecutions, and death; and takes such a method to do it, as by forsaking Christ, denying his Gospel, and dropping his profession of it; and by so doing, curries favour with men, in order to procure to himself worldly emoluments, honour, peace, pleasure, and life, shall lose it; he will expose himself to the wrath of God, to everlasting punishment, the destruction of soul and body in hell, which is the second death, and will be his portion: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake: that is, is willing to forego all the pleasures and comforts of life, and be subject to poverty and distress, and to lay down life itself, for the sake of Christ and the Gospel, rather than deny him, and part with truth, shall find it; in the other world, to great advantage; he shall enjoy an immortal and eternal life, free from all uneasiness and affliction, and full of endless joys and pleasures.
                Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                  In the Hyper-Calvinist camp they say, "If God is Sovereign why try"? "Why evangelize if God chooses those to salvation"? Likewise, what you are suggesting, "If prophecy must be fulfilled why try? "The world will end precisely in the way that we see things unfolding", so why try?
                  I don't believe that God has called me to help save Western Civilization. God has called me and my church to expose the three demons' messages by proclaiming the three angels' messages.

Comment>

The first thing people should do to stop the end of western civilazation is stop acting like doomsday predictors and religious whackos.

If you want to move the needle in favor of Christianity, it is not done with hyperbole, it is done by understanding the situation and making choices that are paletable to the other side. Christians saw this in the USA with Gay marriage. Instead of allowing gay marriage to be a ´legal´ contract and give life insurance and other rights to the spouse, instead we went all hyperbolic, and now where are we? And now because some states were so ignorant and stand-offish and created such a huge opposition, anything Christian is getting steamrolled. The war on religion started because Christians were not willing to compromise on common sense legal issues involving gay marriage.
                    Comment>

It's a simple solution, create a common enemy and watch everyone join together, let go of their differences, and help one another in defeating a foe larger than themselves. That is the key.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by OursIsTheFury View Post
                        It's a simple solution, create a common enemy and watch everyone join together, let go of their differences, and help one another in defeating a foe larger than themselves. That is the key.
                        This would actually work, and it is shown quite often in movies as the overarching theme like Independence Day, Cowboys & Aliens, The Avengers. The only problem with this is that it requires an alien invasion so I think we might be in for a long wait. Other than aliens, everyone agreeing on a common enemy is a herculean task that I don't see us achieving anytime soon.
                        Comment>

Well that common enemy at the moment appears to be Islam but even that doesn't seem to be bringing the west together.

When we've even got people like Vladimir Putin saying he wants to put all the differences aside between Russia and other countries for now at least, just so we can all tackle IS together, but the US and UK are refusing to, is there any hope left?
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Beardedfellow View Post

This would actually work, and it is shown quite often in movies as the overarching theme like Independence Day, Cowboys & Aliens, The Avengers. The only problem with this is that it requires an alien invasion so I think we might be in for a long wait. Other than aliens, everyone agreeing on a common enemy is a herculean task that I don't see us achieving anytime soon.
                            You do not even need to go to Hollywood movies to see this in action. Just remember Bush and the "war to terror"....
                            Comment>

I think more Christian programming is in order. Most of what is on TV is so risque and flippant, and non redeeming, thta I think programming with a more positive message is in order. I think there is a market for it, and it would help. Maybe teaching manners in the public schools would be helpful too, as most don't seem to get it at home.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap