Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

The French Presidential Election

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The French Presidential Election

In a few weeks the french will have to vote for their new president (the 7th of May to be precise) and the most likely two choices will be: The centrist Emmanuel Macron and far-right leader Marine Le Pen who won the first round of voting in French presidential elections today. The results showed that Macron was ahead of Le Pen. Who do you want to win? Do you believe Le Pen's wish to leave the European Union and restrict immigiration is fair considering the amount of terrorism that has occurred in France recently?

I think chances are fair for Macron as Le Pen is lagging behind in the recent polls and also the surveys seem to be in favor of Macron. But Le Pen seems to be trying hard having dressed as a fisherman and meeting the reporters at Le Grau du Roi. What I don't like is that she is restricting immigration. Another thing caught me is that students are even protesting that they neither want Macron and Le Pen. Looking forward to the election result on May 7.
    Comment>

Originally posted by kingcool52 View Post
      ve to vote for their new president (the 7th of May to be precise) and the most likely two choices will be: The centrist Emmanuel Macron and far-right leader Marine Le Pen who won the first round of voting in French presidential elections today. The results showed that Macron was ahead of Le Pen. Who do you want to win? Do you believe Le Pen's wish to leave the European Union and restrict immigiration is fair considering the amount of terrorism that has occurred in France recently?
      I am unsure. Macron was ahead by 3% in the first round and predicted to win 61% / 39% but he has made some serious missteps in the last few days. Throwing a victory party after the first round put a few people's backs up, and the French factory incident today has let Le Pen start eating into his support. She has a long way to go if she's to win, but if she gets in it will probably spell the end of the EU. I honestly think this one is too close to call.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap