Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

Pastor to Preside over Transgender Renaming Ceremony

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor to Preside over Transgender Renaming Ceremony

A Baptist minister will preside over a transgender name-changing ceremony at the church he pastors in south London.

According to ChristianToday.com, the event will take place during the normal Sunday morning worship service at Oasis church in Waterloo. Pastor Steve Chalke will lead the service.

Parishioners will be present to witness the name-changing ceremony of Luke, a transgender individual who transitioned from being a woman to being a man.

During the service, which will be filmed by the BBC, Luke will tell his story before being prayed for, renamed, and presented with a Bible with his new name written in it.

Chalke says that before transitioning into a male, Luke attended Oasis for seven years as a woman.

Chalke gave him high praise, saying that Luke is "a totally committed Christian – a fantastic guy. He's the kind of person you'd die for being in your church. There are some people that are there on a Sunday and there are some people that are really there. They are committed to God's kingdom – they are committed for living out their life for Christ and he is one of those."

Oasis is very welcoming to transgenders. A transgender individual named Ruth who became a woman was recently baptized in the church. In Ruth’s testimony, she shared how she always felt drawn to identify as a female.

Chalke also noted that both Luke and Ruth discovered they were born inter-sex and their parents had to make a decision whether to raise them as a male or female.

Source: Pastor to Preside over Transgender Renaming Ceremony - Christian News Headlines

Actually, in THIS situation, there may be some legitimacy, simply due to the Intersex thing. If your parents find you born with boy-parts and girl-parts, and choose one, and later you begin to know that they chose the wrong one, what the heck would you do?

Its the "regular" transgenders that bother me. A guy that was born a normal Dude in all respects, and suddenly wants to cut off his favourite toy, he needs severe psychiatric and psychological guidance, and most likely some powerful meds!
    Comment>

I am guessing this is at a rather liberal church, as any conservative church that preaches the full counsel of God would not support this kind of action in any way.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
        I am guessing this is at a rather liberal church, as any conservative church that preaches the full counsel of God would not support this kind of action in any way.
        I'm guessing you are straight on, it would not happen in a Church I attended.
        Comment>

Sorry folks but I just cannot support this in any church, anymore than I can gays. I don't hate them, but I don't accept that what they do is right, it's not, not if u believe and accept God's word.
          Comment>

We should realize that people who practice transgender are suffering from a disorder. They are not normal and there is no cure to the disorder. It's a very rare situation and when it happens I can support it because they didn't choose to be born that way.
            Comment>

I appreciate that this church accepts people as their own without criticizing them. All over the world transgenders are not much respected but with the help of creating awareness and all they are slowly coming out from the red light and concentrating on education, police department and much more.
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                A Baptist minister will preside over a transgender name-changing ceremony at the church he pastors in south London.

According to ChristianToday.com, the event will take place during the normal Sunday morning worship service at Oasis church in Waterloo. Pastor Steve Chalke will lead the service.

Parishioners will be present to witness the name-changing ceremony of Luke, a transgender individual who transitioned from being a woman to being a man.

During the service, which will be filmed by the BBC, Luke will tell his story before being prayed for, renamed, and presented with a Bible with his new name written in it.

Chalke says that before transitioning into a male, Luke attended Oasis for seven years as a woman.

Chalke gave him high praise, saying that Luke is "a totally committed Christian – a fantastic guy. He's the kind of person you'd die for being in your church. There are some people that are there on a Sunday and there are some people that are really there. They are committed to God's kingdom – they are committed for living out their life for Christ and he is one of those."

Oasis is very welcoming to transgenders. A transgender individual named Ruth who became a woman was recently baptized in the church. In Ruth’s testimony, she shared how she always felt drawn to identify as a female.

Chalke also noted that both Luke and Ruth discovered they were born inter-sex and their parents had to make a decision whether to raise them as a male or female.

Source: Pastor to Preside over Transgender Renaming Ceremony - Christian News Headlines
                Ewwww! Sorry. I'm not trying to be condescending. My disgust came only with two letters to describe the whole situation. But I feel love and empathy for these precious life in these young people of what the future holds for them.

This is what came to my mind: "Yahweh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of man’s heart was continually only evil." Genesis 5:5.

The days are evil as in the days of Noah.
                Last edited by PsalmOneCares; 06-01-2017, 06:47 PM.
                Comment>

So medically intersex individuals, whose parents choose their gender as children because it was unclear, have revealed that their actual gender is different as adults? They should not have to live as the wrong gender as adults because their parents picked wrong when they were babies. In this case I don't see a problem with going through a renaming ceremony in the church.

From the article:
                  ...her parents said 'We'd never told you this but when you were born, you were inter-sex and we had to make a choice.'"

These are not transexual or transgender individuals no matter what the article says, they are intersex, and I do wish the media would stop pretending that group don't exist and lumping them in with people of one gender who are physically healthy and went through surgery to become the other gender by choice. These people had surgery that made them the wrong physical sex as babies at their parent's choice and are now correcting the issue.

I wish them all the best.
                  Comment>

The horror of all this is far from over but our children will have no moral values. Neither will they follow after Christ. The end of this dispensation is right here. The church is no longer the church that Jesus founded.

om us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 2 Th 2:2-4

Why do I say to those who will hear, Put no faith in the politics of Babylon.

There are no denominations in Gods kingdom. Paul said know ye not the ye are the Temple and the spirit of God is in you. How can we trust the church to stand for Christ.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by mitchel View Post
                      The church is no longer the church that Jesus founded.
                      Are you suggesting that the Church of Christ has failed to defend and prevail against the gates of Hades?

What I see are apostate churches that have abandoned the truth. That is, if they ever had an ounce of orthodoxy to begin with.

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

Are you suggesting that the Church of Christ has failed to defend and prevail against the gates of Hades?

What I see are apostate churches that have abandoned the truth. That is, if they ever had an ounce of orthodoxy to begin with.

God bless,
                        William
                        Not all who say Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven.
                        The true bride is like a field planted with wheat but over night the enemy sowed tares. When morning came the workers ran and told the husbandman saying should we go and pull out the weeds. The master said wait to the harvest lest you may root up some of the good also.
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap