Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

Terror in Europe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror in Europe

Any Europeans here? How do you feel about radical Islam and threats such as Isis ruining your humble countries? I know Europe has been very secular unlike a lot of American families but I'm curious on how you feel about these waves of ethnic immigration and the threats these Muslim people could be hiding away.

I'm not European but one thing we can learn from the UK's vote to leave the EU is because they want to decide who gets in and who doesn't get into their country for any reason whatsoever. I believe that Islamophobia is not the solution to terrorism. If you hate Muslims and treat them as terrorists then force them to become terrorists even if they weren't. It's what ISIS and other terrorist networks want. Should they get what they seek, no place in the world will be safe.
    Comment>

Well I am pretty sure that these are issues most people are dealing with in a lot of different places, not just Europe. I think that Europe is in a unique place, though, and it is probably more unfortunate than anything. Just given the geography makes them really more of a target, I would think. All the counties packed together like that, with different jurisdictions, that would make things messy I would think. Interesting to think about though, so thanks for sharing.
      Comment>

Center for Security Policy | Poll of U.S. Muslims Reveals Ominous Levels Of Support For Islamic Supremacists’ Doctrine of Shariah, Jihad

This was only done only in the United States but the majority, about 51%, of Muslims believe that they should have choice of being governed according to shariah even though it's completely incompatible with the Constitution. If the Muslims in Europe think the same thing, than you have a huge influx of people who don't respect the laws and culture of the new countries they are moving to. Even more problematic is that nearly a quarter of Muslims believe that it's fair and just to use violence to punish those who offend Islam, like portraying the prophet Mohammed, even if violences is illegal according the laws of the country. It's not wrong to worry that even the moderate Muslims will want to superseded a nations law with their own under the excuse of religion.
        Comment>

I live in The Netherlands, and I am starting to believe that ISIS don't really mind us. Not only have we yet to be attacked, they completely avoided the gay pride parade in Amsterdam, and instead they went to attack Belgium yet again.
          I feel kind of sad when I think about the topic, though. A group of people who don't realize they're following... Well, nothing. They end people's lives for... Nothing. The victims have done... Absolutely nothing.

I feel even sadder thinking about how people can possibly be ''influenced by media''. Can you not think for yourself? How does one mark over 1.6 billion people as ''terrorists''. How did we ever get to this point where common sense is thrown out of the window? And by ''we'', I mean the United States, obviously, as I have yet to meet a single person in my country who actually believes that ''Muslims'' as a group or as individuals are harmful.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Julian View Post
            I live in The Netherlands, and I am starting to believe that ISIS don't really mind us. Not only have we yet to be attacked, they completely avoided the gay pride parade in Amsterdam, and instead they went to attack Belgium yet again.
            I feel kind of sad when I think about the topic, though. A group of people who don't realize they're following... Well, nothing. They end people's lives for... Nothing. The victims have done... Absolutely nothing.

I feel even sadder thinking about how people can possibly be ''influenced by media''. Can you not think for yourself? How does one mark over 1.6 billion people as ''terrorists''. How did we ever get to this point where common sense is thrown out of the window? And by ''we'', I mean the United States, obviously, as I have yet to meet a single person in my country who actually believes that ''Muslims'' as a group or as individuals are harmful.
            Why would Islam attack a certain people group that is destroying its enemy from an ideological perspective? Ever hear the enemy of my enemy is my friend? And the ideology of Islam for acting against civilians is because they pay taxes to fund a nations military and they show support of the nation's ideology that is deploying that military. As the taxpayer, they hold civilians completely accountable for the atrocities inflicted on them (according to them).

Do I agree with that rationality? No. Do I think the Koran promotes terrorist ideology, yes. Does that make all Muslims terrorists, no. But when they promote their ideology, are they not promoting ideological terrorism? Do you think you should have to pay Muslims taxes because you're an unbeliever? Convert, and become a second rate citizen? Our forefathers did, and our ships were still attacked in that part of the world when traveling across central trade routes though they payed the required tribute. They wrote, Islam is incompatible with Western ideology. Muslims felt entitled to an unbelievers possessions.

By the way, do you know what Muslims legally do in Islamic countries to homosexuals?

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
              And the ideology of Islam for acting against civilians is because they pay taxes to fund a nations military and they show support of the nation's ideology that is deploying that military. As the taxpayer, they hold civilians completely accountable for the atrocities inflicted on them (according to them).

If this would be their motive for attacking innocent civilians, they should win an award for most absurd reasoning ever. Obviously, they brought it upon themselves. They might as well have volunteered to be a target.
              The difference between ISIS attacking someone because they want to, and attacking someone because their taxes support the military which protects them from ISIS, is very slim.

I guess I'll go back to watching children die because their parents pay taxes.

What a time to be alive!
              Comment>

I think it is not just Europe but they are interfering with almost all the places of this world. They intimidate people and persuade them to join them and particularly they are interested in joining young adults by changing their mind and forcing them to join them. I don't when this will stop or will it ever stop.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Diamondisnotcrash View Post
                  Any Europeans here? How do you feel about radical Islam and threats such as Isis ruining your humble countries? I know Europe has been very secular unlike a lot of American families but I'm curious on how you feel about these waves of ethnic immigration and the threats these Muslim people could be hiding away.
                  Seriously, and my apologies for the language, but the viewpoint among older residents and those outside the cities is basically "we've been blown up by a better class of b******s than this." Anyone old enough to remember the IRA campaigns tends to raise an eyebrow when people refer to one death as a terrorist attack. It's a matter of perspective: we still dig up live Second World War bombs in populated areas that require 2 mile evacuation zones and if any go up before they are found the death toll would dwarf the recent violence. Driving a car at Westminster doesn't compare to the Brighton Bombing.

I think most people I know (not just those born here, but Iranian and Arab Christians, those deemed not Muslim enough by Isis, and other such cases, who really don't want their persecutors following them here) just wish the government would actually catch up and start doing something about it, rather than talking constantly and hoping the problems will go away.

Edited to add: If you think I'm joking about the world war two bombs, here's the one they found today: Daily Mail
                  Last edited by ChatterBox; 05-15-2017, 02:17 PM.
                  Comment>

We have those II-WW bombs, too (sorry, ChatterBox, I`m afraid you have to deal with the bombs our pilots threw :( ). Round about once a year some area of our city (including hospitals and homes for the elderly) are evacuated to get rid of another old bomb.

The IS simply hates every one not sharing their crude islam-point-of-view. Either you support "the enemy", whoever that might be or you are not strict enough or ....

We have a nice syrian refugee lady here, a muslim, but not covering her head. One night in Syria some IS fighters stood in her bedroom - that was the time she ran and only stopped here in Germany. A majority of the muslim refugees flew because of IS. Many, many of the refugees want to integrate. This is a very sensitive point: Main problem at the moment are not the refugees en masse, but the "original inhabitants". Far right parties have their time now, trying to scare people, offering "easy answers" which are impossible to live. We have an increase of crime, yes. But major part are those against refugees like burning houses down where they are intended to live, attacking persons with darker skin. Plus pre-judicing every muslim as a terrorist-to-be. This could turn out as an self fulfilling prophetie... we have to strenghten and live our freedom in Christ more visible. It is possible to get a, for example, muslim father with similar values: Neither he or I want our daughters to run around half naked or see our sons drunk by noon. These values are to strenghten because that will weaken the call for sharia law.
                    Main crimes confessed by refugees are shop lifting, not paying for the bus, having no documents and molesting females by catcalling or touching. Sexual assaults and drug dealing are mostly committed by north african fortune-seekers, who are not accepted as refugees in Germany. There is no rape wave!

Just to understand: I do not want any Islam. I`m only searching for ways to reach muslims.

No, I`m not afraid of islamic threats.

Comment>

That's one difference between this and the second world war. Coventry and Dresden are now twinned in a great example of forgiveness from both sides. I can't see that happening with ISIS. If they are around in a hundred years, they'll still want everyone else dead.

Originally posted by LittleRedRidinghood View Post
                      The IS simply hates every one not sharing their crude islam-point-of-view. Either you support "the enemy", whoever that might be or you are not strict enough or ....
                      What's causing the outcry here at the moment is that after Westminster and Manchester and now London Bridge, it turns out that in each case the culprits had been named to the police as a threat by the Muslim communities they were part of before they took action, but nothing was done. In one case, the murderer's mother reported him, and he still ended up under nothing more than a list. If the people who know who the problem individuals are, are telling this to the authorities, then it is the authorities that need to start acting on it.

There are people calling for the election to be postponed, but I think that would be a mistake. The only time that should happen is if the government moves to a wartime footing, and frankly I think that would give far too much importance to these killers.
                      Comment>

People in Britain probably became inured to terrorist attacks during the long years of IRA bombings on the mainland. Immigration doesn't bother me overly much. I notice that Idiot Trump has decided to cross swords with the Mayor of London, presumably because he is a Muslim.
                        Comment>

Hi -- I'm from the U. S. -- international politics can be interesting -- and very complicated. The influx of people - now days - from other countries. From My perspective -- people Should be following the laws of the country they are in. When going to a Different country -- obey Their laws. It's true that America became America as the result of people immigrating From other countries.

I have a Big problem with people of other belief systems deciding that they Will take over this world -- one area at a time -- by Force if necessary - and they have No problem With force. Taking Sharia law with them.

The United States has been like a 'sponge' for immigrants -- but even a sponge can get over-saturated and needing to be wrong out. The immigrants who are here Not Legally need to be 'wrung out'. How many other countries would allow illegals into their country with No negative consequences. We've been a revolving door for illegals. And That is ridiculous. Other countries would shoot those people or put them in a very uncomfortable prison for a long time or until they die from the conditions within. I can understand why people sometimes laugh at the U.S.

Yes, Muslims Are people -- who need Jesus Christ as their Savior. People from all over are coming to this country -- instead of missionaries going to those countries - the mission field is coming to Us. So -- maybe -- part of the question is "are we willing to die for our faith?" -- in This country -- a person Could and probably Have been -- killed in the process Of or because of our faith in God -- willingness to share that with others.

Those years ago -- at Columbine -- one student at least was killed because she was willing to say that she believed in God. And the young man who was attending the Bible study and prayer group -- he decided to start shooting the people. Some of them died while praying. What a way to go -- seriously.

Terror in Europe --- and in the rest of the world.
                          Comment>

Dear Sue D.,

I agree with you about laws and countries - you shall obey the laws of the country you are living in.

Do Americans believe the world is mocking them because of illegal immigrants? It is really not at all true for Germany.
                            Comment>

I think it has more to do with voting Donald Trump into office. And sometimes it's done, just because 'we can' mock each other. It's Not a good trait.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap