Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

Finally, Pope Francis says something I agree with 100%

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, Pope Francis says something I agree with 100%

Also, Kudos to Pope Benedict XVI.

Pope: It's 'terrible' kids taught they can choose gender

Pope Francis has lamented that children are being taught at school that gender can be a choice, adding that his predecessor, Benedict XVI has labeled current times “the epoch of sin against God the Creator.”
    “the epoch of sin against God the Creator.” is well put.
    Man has always rebelled against God, but it has usually taken the form of distorting his image or character into some 'golden idol' of our own making.

Now we seem to want to wage war directly against his eternal attributes ... we will create ourselves ... we will give and take life on our terms ... we will re-define good as 'intolerant' and evil as 'loving'.
    Man has charged the dais of heaven and sat upon God's throne and thrown down a gauntlet of "so what are you going to do about it?"
    It will be a great and terrible day for the world when God does respond. These are not challenges he (or we) should allow to go unanswered.

Gender is not a choice and men and women are equal, but not the same. Shame on us (the church, the body) for doing such a poor job of teaching the glory that God has made within each of our roles and beings.
    As a teacher, I am entitled to a double portion of the shame for our failure. I know the truth.

My only small comfort, is that the rising tide of evil may be inevitable. I was warned that things would be like the days of Noah and men would increasingly choose evil over good.
    If so, then come quickly Lord Jesus ... for the sake of my daughter and the world she must live in.
    Last edited by atpollard; 08-04-2016, 06:13 AM. Reason: capitalize 'God'
    Comment>

That's a welcome relief after Pope Francis' last "ecumenical vision" statements:In fact, this seems to be his pattern. First he leaves you scratching your head and saying, "surely he can't mean that", and then he comes back with something considerably better about a week to a month later :)
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Well that is very well put atpollard - so thank you for sharing that. I do agree with the Pope here as well, but I am struggling to see where the children are being taught that gender is a choice. I understand the times and that there is more tolerance to gender changes and gender issues in general, but I would not quite make the leap that they are being "taught" that it is a choice. Maybe that is inferred from the other things they are taught, which is a little different. Either way, though, I agree with the Pope on this one as well. Thanks for sharing.
        Comment>

Christians shouldn't just wring their hands in resignation and do nothing to stop the liberals/atheists and others who want to lead astray even the very young.
          if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
          The Pope can speak out against what children are being taught in school but he's got an "army" [priests, and devout Catholics] that can be used to fight back. Kids can be taught whatever the government wants them to be taught but when they go home their parents should find out what their children are being taught and if there's something they know is wrong they'll do the right thing. If children know their teachers don't know everything they'll want to know what their parents think about what they are learning. Maybe it's time more parents started homeschooling their kids.
          Comment>

I completely agree that it's wrong to tell kids they can pick their gender for two major reasons. First, that kind of confusion is wrong and create more stress for kids who decide they want to be the opposite gender from their sex. The second reason that it's wrong, is that it normalized a mental disease so that we become numb to the distress of those who are actually sick. If we don't acknowledge that these people are mentally sick, they can't get better or search of a cure because it's 'normal'. And that is a bigger crime to the people suffering the disease.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap