Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

Religious Freedom doesn't exist in North Korea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Religious Freedom doesn't exist in North Korea

    While he didn't start it North Korea's Kim Jong Un, contintues to use slaves to do back breaking work for North Korea. Over hundred thousand people who are third generation slaves are denied the religious freedom. Not only are slaves kept unfairly in work camps but ordinary North Koreans are denied the right of religion, to assemble, or to petition their government. To do so will get them arrested and turned into slaves and their children born into servitude with no hope for escape. Over seventy thousand of those slaves are Christians who were imprisoned for their beliefs. Please spread awareness and pray for everyone who lives under that oppression.
    Religious freedom remains non-existent in the oppressive regime of North Korea's Kim Jong Un, with evidence showing that over 100,000 people, some spanning three generations back, are forced to work in back-breaking camps, the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee reports.

  • #2
    Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
    While he didn't start it North Korea's Kim Jong Un, contintues to use slaves to do back breaking work for North Korea. Over hundred thousand people who are third generation slaves are denied the religious freedom. Not only are slaves kept unfairly in work camps but ordinary North Koreans are denied the right of religion, to assemble, or to petition their government. To do so will get them arrested and turned into slaves and their children born into servitude with no hope for escape. Over seventy thousand of those slaves are Christians who were imprisoned for their beliefs. Please spread awareness and pray for everyone who lives under that oppression.
    An unpopular news article. One that never hits the liberal mainstream media.

    God bless,
    William
    Comment>

    • #3
      The North Korean regime wants all the people to worship Kim Il Sung who many North Koreans actually believe created the world. To maintain their power the North Korean dictators have to make sure [using propaganda] that everyone believes the descendents of Kim Il Sung are also gods. That's why possessing a bible is a capital offense. If no one knows who the One True God is they can continue believing the Kims are gods.
      Comment>

      • #4
        I have a few South Korean friends who were missionaries. They used to tell me about other missionary friends they knew who illegally cross the North Korean border to try and share the gospel with those on the other side. They sometimes take Bibles to the other side and distribute them. It's crazy to think that there are people there who may never have heard of Christianity because all the information they get is censored. I can't imagine why a country like that is allowed to exist.
        Comment>

        • #5
          I can't imagine why a country like that is allowed to exist.
          The cost of liberating Korea would be too great. Most of the people would die and as the dictators won't go down without a fight, North Korea's neighbors would also be attacked and as they have a huge arsenal of nukes . . . that would be really bad for South Korea, for Japan and even the U.S because North Korean has ICBMs that could strike continental America. Since hundreds of millions of people would lose their lives as result North Korea will not invaded any time soon.
          Comment>

          • #6
            Not the right headline. I'd even say that freedom doesn't exist there in the first place. It's a terrible country for those whose mind is free. You can't express yourself in any way there. Otherwise, you're at risk to be killed with no appropriate trial. The government's position is all about worshipping their leader. So, they feel they don't need a religion.
            Comment>

            • #7
              Originally posted by Smithee View Post
              The cost of liberating Korea would be too great. Most of the people would die and as the dictators won't go down without a fight, North Korea's neighbors would also be attacked and as they have a huge arsenal of nukes . . . that would be really bad for South Korea, for Japan and even the U.S because North Korean has ICBMs that could strike continental America. Since hundreds of millions of people would lose their lives as result North Korea will not invaded any time soon.
              Yeah I guess I can understand that. It's just such an unfortunate situation for the people who were born in North Korea. Is there any scope for the government changing? Is there any movement for democracy at all within the country?
              Comment>

              • #8
                Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
                While he didn't start it North Korea's Kim Jong Un, contintues to use slaves to do back breaking work for North Korea. Over hundred thousand people who are third generation slaves are denied the religious freedom. Not only are slaves kept unfairly in work camps but ordinary North Koreans are denied the right of religion, to assemble, or to petition their government. To do so will get them arrested and turned into slaves and their children born into servitude with no hope for escape. Over seventy thousand of those slaves are Christians who were imprisoned for their beliefs. Please spread awareness and pray for everyone who lives under that oppression.
                How do you suggest we handle this? Should we go there by force and spread our gospels? Or maybe we just mind our own business and not get involved?

                We have our own views and we have to freedom of choice. Most countries don't run they way we do. That doesn't mean we press our way of life onto them. How would you feel if ISIS way coming to the US and pressing their views on the American populous? Doesn't sound right now does it.

                You don't go into another country and press your way of thinking and religion. That's how terrorist are made and they never go away.
                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by joshuap View Post
                  How do you suggest we handle this? Should we go there by force and spread our gospels? Or maybe we just mind our own business and not get involved?
                  For a Christian neither of these alternatives is acceptable. As earlier posts have pointed out a military invasion, even if successful, would result in the deaths of many innocent people, but we can't just ignore the suffering Christians and other North Koreans. However we have access to God, who is the real ruler of all nations. We need to pray that the government will change its policies and give greater freedom to its citizens. God could accomplish this by converting the dictator to Christianity or by bringing about a coup in which new leaders would take over the country.
                  Clyde Herrin's Blog
                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by joshuap View Post

                    How do you suggest we handle this? Should we go there by force and spread our gospels? Or maybe we just mind our own business and not get involved?

                    We have our own views and we have to freedom of choice. Most countries don't run they way we do. That doesn't mean we press our way of life onto them. How would you feel if ISIS way coming to the US and pressing their views on the American populous? Doesn't sound right now does it.

                    You don't go into another country and press your way of thinking and religion. That's how terrorist are made and they never go away.
                    I wasn't suggesting we forcer our way of life, I just thought it was tragic and that we should pray for God to give them the strength to overcome the oppression. North Korea is hardly the only country that still has slaves, lacks religious freedom, and has it's populous under an oppressive regime. We can't go around the world and take over countries. Though given how hostile North Korea is because we sided with South Korea, we might end up in a war with them either for South Korea's or our own sakes. If we are forced into a war, we shouldn't leave without freeing the slaves and opening the country to religious freedom. But only if they start first. Until then, I don't see anything wrong with praying.
                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post

                      I wasn't suggesting we forcer our way of life, I just thought it was tragic and that we should pray for God to give them the strength to overcome the oppression. North Korea is hardly the only country that still has slaves, lacks religious freedom, and has it's populous under an oppressive regime. We can't go around the world and take over countries. Though given how hostile North Korea is because we sided with South Korea, we might end up in a war with them either for South Korea's or our own sakes. If we are forced into a war, we shouldn't leave without freeing the slaves and opening the country to religious freedom. But only if they start first. Until then, I don't see anything wrong with praying.
                      You'd be surprised as to the extent Christians are going to evangelize North Koreans. They are actually attaching Bibles to balloons and sending them into North Korea by the hundreds of thousands.

                      Balloons in the sky bring Bibles to North Korea

                      God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        Originally posted by William View Post

                        You'd be surprised as to the extent Christians are going to evangelize North Koreans. They are actually attaching Bibles to balloons and sending them into North Korea by the hundreds of thousands.

                        Balloons in the sky bring Bibles to North Korea

                        God bless,
                        William
                        That's awesome, it made me tear up a little. I'm putting that on my bucket list, thanks for posting. But still, there is a difference from sending balloons of Bibles and bombing a country for keeping slaves. And that was what the previous poster was implying. But I hadn't thought of doing something like this, it's ingenious!
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post

                          That's awesome, it made me tear up a little. I'm putting that on my bucket list, thanks for posting. But still, there is a difference from sending balloons of Bibles and bombing a country for keeping slaves. And that was what the previous poster was implying. But I hadn't thought of doing something like this, it's ingenious!
                          Check this out LeapOfFaith. I can only imagine the way Christian North Koreans react:



                          God bless,
                          William
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            It's just such an unfortunate situation for the people who were born in North Korea. Is there any scope for the government changing? Is there any movement for democracy at all within the country?
                            From the looks of it the only thing that would liberate North Korea is a military coup. I doubt however that the new leaders would want anything to change if they get to be worshipped. That said, God can do anything. Same way Israel the Isrealites were freed from Pharaoh's slavery, the North Koreans can be freed from slavery too only if in their distress they cry out to God . . . pray to God for help. He'll hear them. So maybe it is the spreading of the Gospel that eventually will free the North Koreans.
                            Comment>
                            Working...
                            X
                            Articles - News - SiteMap