View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

What's your reaction to President Trump's Withdrawing America From Paris Climate Change Agreement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your reaction to President Trump's Withdrawing America From Paris Climate Change Agreement?

I watched the President's address to the world at the White House on his decision to pull America out of this global climate change hoax. Up until I read some journals, studies and reports that are fully evidence-based by science, I completely agree and understand President Trump's decision. And he said it so without apology. Other political analysts and satirists are talking about it. I am, too. Are you happy (or sad, liberals are devastated) about America's withdrawal from the Paris Accord?

I picked Laura Ingraham's website to share:

Trump: 6.5 Million Jobs Saved by Leaving Paris Accord | LifeZette
    Last edited by PsalmOneCares; 07-21-2017, 09:03 AM.

The Paris Accord only works if the United States is present to pay other nations. It is a way for the political to get rich. It is a way for the liberal leftist to appease the gods of nature.

Nancy Pelosi just stated that Trump dishonored God by pulling out of the Paris Accord. She is from the same party that stated Jesus would be "pro-choice". Every time a liberal opens their mouth they blaspheme God. Only a liberal would suggest that a person should go unpunished for taking another human being's life, so it is no wonder to me that leftist reject the Genesis account, promote evolution, and suggest our fate is in the hands of man made natural disaster. Do not get me wrong, I believe man has a responsibility, but the Accord cannot work unless every nation is in agreement.

On another topic, I read the CIA director suggesting, in Obama fashion, that global warming is the greatest threat to national security. He claimed that beaches will no longer be there for soldiers to land on, and docks for naval ships will be under water. Seriously, this is the head of intelligence for the United States. And I chuckled about that because if they really believe such is true why then does Al Gore own so much beach front property? $$$

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hilariously insane! 😂 yeah, I heard about these cranium-muscle deprived humans rant about their opposition to climate change 'deniers'. Let them whine and look ridiculous. We, on the right are having a ball laughing at their colossal foolishness and endless hysteria. LOL!
      Last edited by PsalmOneCares; 07-21-2017, 07:39 AM.
      Comment>

I get so angry with the statements that climate change is the greatest threat. Do they think terrorists care about the climate? I can remember when Global Cooling was the big worry, and I saw the programs from East Anglia's Climategate that were released about global warming. It looked as though they smoothed out any outlying data that didn't fit expectations - literally changed the data to what they thought it should be to match their model which makes the whole thing pointless.

The real reason this looks like rubbish to me is that if governments are seriously concerned about climate change, how about tackling things like the oilfield and coalmine fires? They release 3% of the world's carbon (which is what the climate change scientists are blaming), create more known pollutants than just that, waste natural resources, and cause major illnesses. Could it be that that would take money and big projects, while changes to cars and business lets them tick a box and say they've done something?
        Comment>

Your last sentence sums up the way a lot of liberals think, ChatterBox. They ease their conscience and decide they've done their part by ticking whatever box is most convenient for them (whether it actually does anything or not).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers the "threat" of global cooling. Of course, it wasn't called that back then, but it amounts to the same thing. Weren't we supposed to be in another ice age right now? Good thing they changed the name from global warming to "climate change." Just keep redefining words, and eventually you'll hit on something that the masses will accept.
          Comment>

I really think President has a better understanding about this issue than I will ever have. I support and pray that he will do what is best for our country.

justme
            Comment>

I was quite shocked when it was brought to my attention but i can't help but think that the president must have a valid and appropriate reason for leaving, which we will become aware of in the near future.
              Comment>

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post
                I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers the "threat" of global cooling. Of course, it wasn't called that back then, but it amounts to the same thing. Weren't we supposed to be in another ice age right now? Good thing they changed the name from global warming to "climate change." Just keep redefining words, and eventually you'll hit on something that the masses will accept.
                Yes, by this point global food production was supposed to have lowered and ceased due to a mini-ice age. Dennis Dutton has an article on it from Newsweek in 1975 that I have linked below. Just imagine if we had done what scientists proposed back in 1975, and scattered soot on the ice caps to melt them and deliberately heat the climate.

The climate is a long term issue, and while removing pollutants like mercury and sulphur is a good idea, I'm not sure there's enough known about the world's climate yet to start making major policy based on attempts to manipulate it deliberately. The policies put in place seems to be more focused on economics than actually solving the problem they have claimed to identify, shifting around which countries may produce carbon without actually cutting emissions.
                Comment>

Indeed. Thanks for the reminder from the 70s. Not aging myself at all here, ha ha.

Your second paragraph covers my position nicely. It makes one wonder about the true agenda. Well, at least it makes thinking people question it. I've always taken issue with the idea that some can pollute heavily, but that's okay. Is buying carbon credits still a thing?

It seems pretty obvious that following the money will uncover many answers than we'll never get out of papers or speeches.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                    I was quite shocked when it was brought to my attention but i can't help but think that the president must have a valid and appropriate reason for leaving, which we will become aware of in the near future.
                    The reason is simple. He is singing the song that Americans driving gas guzzlers want to hear.

Comment>

Withdrawing from the Paris Accord was one of the best decisions made by President Trump. It was also the fulfillment of a campaign promise (which is a rarity for politicians but not for Trump). The entire "climate change" delusion is a hoax, and this accord was to impoverish the USA rather than do anything for the climate.
                      Comment>

This is what I am afraid of. This situation of "while Nero fiddles Rome burns." There are people who are content to just point the finger and say it's another country's problem and not ours.It's sad to hear people try to label efforts to curtail the global warming rot as a rightist or leftist move when the fallout from this mishap doesn't seek to single out whom it may affect, it will attack anyone that is vulnerable. It's not the people in China alone that are being affected it's everywhere. One important question that we should ask ourselves, is why is there this increasing amount of children that are being affected by respiratory afflictions?
                        Comment>

As far as I can see the Paris Accord does nothing to protect our environment. We are better off leaving it.
                          Clyde Herrin's Blog
                          Comment>

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post

The reason is simple. He is singing the song that Americans driving gas guzzlers want to hear.
                            Or, perhaps he realizes that as it stands, it's not in the best interest of our country. As much as other countries seem to hate this one, they sure do like to spend our money.

Originally posted by William View Post
                            Nancy Pelosi just stated that Trump dishonored God by pulling out of the Paris Accord. She is from the same party that stated Jesus would be "pro-choice".
                            I wouldn't want to stand too close to her when she opens her mouth. Disgusting. I don't understand how they get away with invoking God from time to time, when it's painfully obvious they know nothing about Him. Can't people see through that?
                            Comment>

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post

Or, perhaps he realizes that as it stands, it's not in the best interest of our country. As much as other countries seem to hate this one, they sure do like to spend our money.
                              Will it be in America's interest when New York resembles Venice? Even oil companies have a firmer grip on reality than your President.

Climate of Concern - Royal Dutch Shell (1991) - YouTube
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap