View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Jimmy Kimmel's Healthcare Plea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Kimmel's Healthcare Plea

I may not make many friends with this little thread, but I feel it necessary to clarify something. Jimmy Kimmel is, arguably, sufficiently wealthy to the point he could afford any health insurance policy he chooses, as well as be able to absorb many out of pocket costs. So his plea for healthcare (and to be clear it is a plea for Free Healthcare) in light of the recent birth of his son is both ridiculous, and unnecessary. In no stretch of the imagination is he at the same level economically with the majority of the people in this country who struggle to afford healthcare, much less health insurance, for their families. I do feel for him and his family, but to use this to push a political agenda (and that is all this is) is insulting to those who do struggle to afford healthcare.

This little stunt is about as logical as the recent "hunger strike" that occurred at Yale University by their grad students. The left has lost its mind, and is trying to drag everyone else down their self-made rabbit hole with them.

He can even afford to have high quality healthcare and save money by having his son treated on a high class hospital in a 3rd world country like Thailand. Those hospitals can offer superior treatments for a lower price since they have a lower cost of living.

In his defense, He might be demanding free healthcare because he knows there are people in his son's situation who cant afford the treatments like he does.
    Comment>

I find this confusing because he says that because of one pre-existing condition his son could be denied healthcare all his life. Over here, if you are buying private insurance you can elect to either pay more or have pre-existing conditions not covered by it. That's how even pet insurance works. We have a rescue cat who's pet insurance doesn't cover a condition she had when we got her. So does one condition mean that absolutely no health cover is available at all, or is he exaggerating?
      Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
        I find this confusing because he says that because of one pre-existing condition his son could be denied healthcare all his life. Over here, if you are buying private insurance you can elect to either pay more or have pre-existing conditions not covered by it. That's how even pet insurance works. We have a rescue cat who's pet insurance doesn't cover a condition she had when we got her. So does one condition mean that absolutely no health cover is available at all, or is he exaggerating?
        That is a bit confusing. Why would a hospital deny service based on a pre-existing condition. It is normally an insurance company that would refuse to pay for treatment. People can still be treated, but whether they have to pay out of pocket is the only question.
        Comment>

Click image for larger version

Name:	20604355_1297762320346656_2629311275301393274_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	47177
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap