View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

First Lady Melania Trump Harshly Criticized for Recitation of the Lord's Prayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Lady Melania Trump Harshly Criticized for Recitation of the Lord's Prayer

First Lady Melania Trump has been harshly criticized for her recitation of the Lord’s Prayer at a rally in Melbourne, Florida last week.

Fox News talked to conservative commentator and writer Todd Starnes about the criticism the First Lady received.

"It's incredibly despicable, the hate and vitriol that's being directed at the entire Trump family, and it really says a lot about who we are as an American people," said Starnes, the author of The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.

The criticism of the First Lady ranged from attacks targeting her accent to comments about her not having the prayer memorized.

Townhall.com reports on just a few of the harsh criticisms:

“With an hour’s practice I could probably say the Lord’s Prayer better in Slovene than Melania Trump does it in English,” @adrianshort wrote on Twitter.

@NicoleAngeleen tweeted: “I could recite the Our Father backwards, drugged with a gun to my head. If you need to read this prayer, you’re not Christian (re: Melania).”

“Melania starts the dictatorship rally with the Lord’s Prayer? NOT EVERY AMERICAN IS CHRISTIAN!!!! Country over party,” tweeted @JaimePrimak.

Starnes went on to condemn liberals who criticize traditional Judeo-Christian values held by many Americans:

"A lot of liberals in America believe that those people who hold to the traditional American values ... are beyond redemption," Starnes said. "The fake outrage is about as fake as what you're going to read in the New York Times' politics section."

Source: First Lady Melania Trump Harshly Criticized for Recitation of the Lord's Prayer - Christian News Headlines

This hatred is reminiscent of what happened years ago, when they were protesting prayer and Bible reading in school. I think that it is very brave of our First Lady to do this, knowing how much hatred is directed at Christians nowadays.
    Whether people like it or not, this country was founded by people who believed in God and in Jesus. Christ . The colleges that we have were originally started as Christian colleges.
    There is a picture online of President Trump praying in the White House, and I think that it is wonderful that our President and his First Lady value their religion enough to share it in public unabashedly.
    God can use any person for His divine purpose, and there is an old saying that God does not call the righteous, He makes righteous the person that He calls for the job. Whatever was in the heart of President Trump; God is a god of miracles, and we all need to pray for God's hand on our new president and his whole family.

Comment>

I think that people are going to throw hateful words at the Trumps no matter what they do. The nation is divided and there a lot of Trump haters out there. Who cares if she did not have every word memorized, she has to give a ton of speeches in public venues, and at least it came from the heart. She should not be bashed for giving a speech that was probably from the heart. There is a separation of church and state within the country, but we were founded on Christian principles and that is the way America is. Separation of church and state deals with laws and regulations, not when people give a speech. Almost every President uses religion when addressing crowds. Have you ever noticed that they usually end with "God bless the United States of America?"
      Comment>

I've seen the President and the First Lady's entrance, prayer and rally entirely. I'm so blessed to see the enthusiasm, love and hope the First Family has inspired America to feel again. It's great to be able to fully know and have the Constitution be revived in the hearts of the American people. It's about time America fights with fervent prayer, righteousness, and humility. God's blessing is upon America and to the world who seek after His own heart!

Micah 6: 8 " He has shown you, O man, what is good. What does Yahweh require of you, but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"
        Comment>

I feel really sorry for her, because she couldn't win. No matter I had it memorised, and how well I spoke the language, if I was reading a speech in front of a crowd, I'd refer to my notes even if it was the Lord's Prayer. If she stumbled or got it wrong they would be critiquing her for that, if she refers to notes so she doesn't, she gets critiqued for that. I don't know what they would have done if she had read it from memory in Slovenian, but there would have been something wrong with that.

Originally posted by @NicoleAngeleen View Post
          @NicoleAngeleen “I could recite the Our Father backwards, drugged with a gun to my head. If you need to read this prayer, you’re not Christian (re: Melania).”
          I probably shouldn't be laughing at this comment, but if this commentor recites the Lord's Prayer backwards, then that's not exactly Christian either!
          Comment>

If I remember correctly, Donald Trump was highly criticized by Christian and non Christians alike for saying, "two Corinthians" instead of the majority favored "second Corinthians" during the primaries.
            Like Melania's read rendition of the Lord's Prayer, if it's understood then leave it alone.

Many pastors read prayers and also read their sermons while some are "lead by the Holy Spirit" and thus far, no one that I have met has said a negative word about it within their individual congregations.
            How far do people have to go to prove their own self worth by criticizing those things that are small and of no consequence?

Truthfully, it's not really about Melania nor Donald but how we treat each other who are in the body of our Savior. It is up to us to look inwardly and ask ourselves if we too have somehow misjudged or had an upward nosed inclination to down play another person.
            Our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ had a good answer to these who practice some sort of mental superiority over others:
            Why beholdest thou the mote that is in your brother's eye but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? (Mat. 7:3)

There are many stumbling blocks in life and perhaps the greatest ones are the smallest and seemingly less significant.
            Comment>

I generally am skeptical of politicians. To be honest, even though I lean more towards conservative values, I had a bad first impression of trump. I have to admit though, he and his wife are really growing on me. America and "we the people" can use all the prayer we can get🙏.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap