View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Not sure what to make of the protests.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what to make of the protests.

So many protests today. So many by woman. Not sure what to make of all of this.

Yea, I agree. Seems like the whole country has gone nuts. The latest female hysteria reminds me of the female hysteria over the Beatles, only this time it's anger not lust. Weird, just plain weird...
    Comment>

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      So many protests today. So many by woman. Not sure what to make of all of this.
      They have bought into Progressive propaganda to the point that they believe themselves warriors for justice. Reason and logic are useless to help them.

Also, it seems that they feel that their right to practice their "religion", which, first and foremost, includes the practice of the sacrificing of human babies, is going to be threatened, and abortion is the first commandment of the Left.

Abortion: The progressives’ sacrament
      Last edited by thatbrian; 01-21-2017, 10:00 PM.
      Comment>

Or maybe they're protesting a President who boasted about sexually assaulting women. It's not that head-scratching or difficult to understand.
        Comment>

Just FYI, certain women/women's groups were not welcome at the "march".

On the day after the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, thousands of women will descend upon Washington, D.C. to march in solidarity with one another, sending a message to the new administration. However, this march in support of feminism is not open to all women.

On Monday, it was revealed one of the sponsors of the march was removed from the event list due to outrage over the sponsor's pro-life views. The group, New Wave Feminists, based out of Texas, is comprised of pro-life women who oppose Trump's election. The organizers of the march claimed the platform is a pro-choice one which advocates for "open access to safe, legal, affordable abortion and birth control for all people," which is ultimately why the pro-life group is no longer welcome to participate. Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America are sponsors of the event, but sadly there is no room for a pro-life group at a march representing and celebrating the diversity of feminism.

RELATED CONTENT

Women’s Equality Isn’t Just for Liberals

Now more than ever, women must unite to transcend partisan politics.

The mission page of the event states, "We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families – recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country" – yet they fail to include women of diverse opinions. The mission goes on to decry the intolerance in the rhetoric throughout the past election cycle, yet they fail to see the intolerance in their actions. Instead of finding commonality with women of different perspectives the left has once again shown its intolerant hand: They are only tolerant of their own platform and politics.

However, the most ironic part of this is the fact the organizers "call on all defenders of human rights to join us," just not defenders of the rights of the unborn. Being pro-life doesn't mean you're anti-woman; it means you choose life and defend its sanctity. The logic that being pro-choice means you can only choose abortion seems flawed. Isn't choosing to carry a pregnancy to full-term a choice as well?

It is disappointing women the ideological right, left and in between can't come together and find common ground on issues outside of abortion without having to agree on that one issue to start. Instead of celebrating differences and the right to express those differences, progressive feminists would rather shut out women who don't think like them. The exclusivity of this liberal feminist club will only work to the detriment of women everywhere because they fail to recognize the importance of entirety of issues that matter to women. ~By Ashley Pratte | Contributor, U.S. News
          Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
          Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
            Just FYI, certain women/women's groups were not welcome at the "march".
            Thanks, David

I had that very story in mind when I posted. There is no doubt, based on their own words and actions that abortion is a sacrament to the Left. Shortly after Obama took office, he gave a speech in which he vowed that he would extend abortion activity:

When the Democratic Party is identifying itself, killing babies always tops the list. That's not only sad, it's quite repulsive.

Lena Dunham wishes she had had an abortion: Lena Dunham: I 'Haven't Had an Abortion, But I Wish I Had'
            Comment>

My husband pointed out that Liberals can't tolerate anyone disagreeing with them.
              Comment>

These people are still ticked off they lost the election. Many of them gathered that night in New York thinking it was going to huge party and big celebration but they had egg on their faces when the results started rolling in.
                Next, we heard that there was a movement to stop Trump by the electoral college. That pathetic attempt failed as well.
                Meanwhile the protests and riots continued - and still continue. If the Republicans lose they whine and do all they can to win the next election but if the Democrats lose they not only whine but also riot in the streets.

Where were all these 'womyn' when scores of allegations were made against Bill Clinton by Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaddrick, etc. etc. etc.? They certainly raised their voices in support of Anita Hill when she made accusations against Clarence Thomas.
                See the pattern here? The Dems get a free pass (no pun intended) but don't expect consistency for the other party. "Reason and logic are useless to help them" thatbrian said in post #3. I concur.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Jester85 View Post
                  Or maybe they're protesting a President who boasted about sexually assaulting women. It's not that head-scratching or difficult to understand.
                  Some may be , but for others it is about overturning an election result they don't like. You can see that when protestors start deciding which people are allowed to march based on their party (e.g. by banning a Republican women's group that is anti-Trump).

The same type of protests occurred in the UK when the Conservatives were elected. Certain left-wing groups promptly protested and claimed they would take down the government because it wasn't the government they voted for, never mind that the Tory supporters had lived under a government they didn't vote for, for twelve years. People protesting because they don't like an election result seems to be becoming a habit.

Unless there is proof of malfeasance during the actual election, isn't the time to have your say before the vote, not after it?
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap