View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Terrorism Expert Warns Political Correctness Weakens American Culture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorism Expert Warns Political Correctness Weakens American Culture

Dr Mitchell knows what he's talking about. People have warned and warned, over in Europe and over here too, but the Muslims act so meek and polite, most people don't believe there could be any harm. The deception employed by Islam is just devastating, because they never show their true colors until they are sure it will work.

When ISIS first took over Mosul, the resident Muslims thought this would be a better government than what they had before. Then, when ISIS had full control, they became harsher and harsher in their rule, and quality of life got worse and worse.

In the US, Muslim leaders of organizations such as Council Of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) play the civil rights victim card to great effect...

It's really hard to decide how to deal with Muslim neighbors who really are peaceful decent people. It is wrong to take it out on them what someone else of the same religion is doing, but at the same time, it makes many of us nervous seeing them around. One thing to consider is that the decent Muslim folks won't harm anyone, but they also won't do a thing to try to stop other Muslims who will. That's why Mr Trump is right to limit and restrict new immigrants.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Meg View Post
      One thing to consider is that the decent Muslim folks won't harm anyone, but they also won't do a thing to try to stop other Muslims who will. That's why Mr Trump is right to limit and restrict new immigrants.
      In fairness, that is not always true. For example, during the attacks in Tunisia, the Muslim locals sheltered western tourists, one man throwing roofing tiles at an armed attacker which delayed him long enough for the authorities to shoot the gunman dead. The Tunisian government just arrested three locals in connection with the Berlin bombing. Headline news in Britain was a member of one of the peaceful sects, an Ahmadi, who actively campaigned for an end to violence being murdered by a Salafist (hardliner) for wishing christian friends a peaceful easter.

If you demonise everyone in a group, rather than targeting the actual known groups that are the problem, then you do risk creating more enemies. Muslim as a group is a large label and not all sects are the same, but the peaceful ones never get coverage.

The problem is that the media is far more interesting in reporting violence than on those who oppose it. Asad Shah's attempts to build peaceful interfaith and cross-culture links were never reported on, but his murder was headline news.
      Comment>

You have a point, Chatterbox, but Islam as an ideology is still extremely dangerous.
        Comment>

Comment>

Thanks for posting that, William. The statement, "The peaceful majority was irrelevant" really bothers me, because it's all too true. It would seem that a peaceful majority has no power to stop a violent minority... I wish I knew why. It's been bothering me for many years, why certain countries put up with murderous, totalitarian governments when the people outnumber the government by large numbers. I took a fantastic college course in The History Of Western Civilization, but I still don't know the answer to my question.

Does anybody here have any insight on this?
            Comment>

Originally posted by Meg View Post
              It's been bothering me for many years, why certain countries put up with murderous, totalitarian governments when the people outnumber the government by large numbers.
              I think sometimes things are closer than they appear. Consider why we put up with the murder of 57 million unborn babies since Roe v Wade!

God bless,
              William
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap