View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Hillary’s Popular Vote Win Came ENTIRELY From California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary’s Popular Vote Win Came ENTIRELY From California

Hillary Clinton received 2.8 million more votes than Donald Trump on Election Day.

If the election was decided by the popular vote, than we would be swearing in a President Hillary Clinton.

But that’s not how it works. And – as he has said many time – if Donald Trump was campaigning for the popular vote, rather than the electoral vote, he would have campaigned much differently.

Perhaps he would have spent more time in California – a state that voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton.

But he didn’t and Hillary’s margin of victory in that state was 4.3 million votes – or 61.5 percent

And therein lies the rub.

The purpose of the Electoral College is to prevent regional candidates from dominating national elections.

California is now a one-party state. There were zero Republicans running for statewide office and no GOP candidates in nine of California’s congressional districts. At the state level, Investor’s Business Daily reports, six districts had no Republicans for the state senate and 16 districts had no Republicans for the state assembly.

Clinton was going to win California’s 55 electoral votes, so Trump didn’t campaign there.

If you take California out of the total, Donald Trump won the popular vote by 1.4 million.

Also, if California voted like every other Democratic state – where Clinton’s margin of victory was 53.5 percent, the two candidates end up in a virtual tie.

Want more evidence that Clinton was a “regional candidate?” Look at these numbers compiled by IBD:

Number of states won:

Trump: 30

Clinton: 20

Trump: +10

Number of electoral votes won:

Trump: 306

Clinton: 232

Source: Hillary's Popular Vote Win Came ENTIRELY From California

Hillary was always going to win California. I think the whole Electoral College and the way electorates are divided up by states is a convoluted mess though. There's some good educational and non-partisan videos on YouTube thoroughly explaining just how wacky of a system we have of electing Presidents.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Jester85 View Post
      Hillary was always going to win California. I think the whole Electoral College and the way electorates are divided up by states is a convoluted mess though. There's some good educational and non-partisan videos on YouTube thoroughly explaining just how wacky of a system we have of electing Presidents.
      G'day Jester,

I on the other hand think America's forefathers (framers) were brilliant, and I put no stock in anyone alive today to do a better job than they did.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

G'day Jester,

I on the other hand think America's forefathers (framers) were brilliant, and I put no stock in anyone alive today to do a better job than they did.

God bless,
        William
        Agreed!

Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

G'day Jester,

God bless,
          William
          Agree as well!
          Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap