View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Trump Wins Popular Vote Too??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Wins Popular Vote Too??

Interesting - if these #'s are correct, that is (and 70News is claiming they are the most up-to-date of all today), HRC wouldn't have won even if we didn't have an Electoral College. So I would say she's out of the picture, for sure, but perhaps she'll live to see her daughter installed as the first female POTUS. After this election cycle I'd say that anything is possible :eek:

There are still a number of different news agencies reporting different numbers for both the Electoral and Popular votes, so we'll probably have to wait for something official to know the final count.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CxBhADuXUAETsf3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	28828

Final #Election2016 numbers

#PopularVote: #Trump: 62,972,226 #Clinton: 62,277,750

#ElectoralCollege vote #Trump 306 #Clinton 232
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon

Quick, somebody tell the protestors they can stop paying/busing in more people to show up for the cameras now. I don't know what they actually hoped to accomplish with this display, but mob mentality isn't the way we make changes to the election process. Of course, if they had opportunity to get another leftist, activist, Supreme Court Justice installed, who knows what would happen in the future.

While Trump isn't my choice of an ideal candidate, I can say, at least he's not Hillary. Let's hope we get somebody other than those with the last name Bush or Clinton to choose from for the next election.
    Last edited by thisnthat; 11-15-2016, 07:32 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Comment>

Really the only reason I enjoyed watching Trump win this is to ultimately prove all of the polls and left wing media outlets wrong when they were rabidly reporting that Trump was constantly behind Hillary in the polls. We are finally seeing the people in this country no longer listening to what the media tells us to think. The nation is starting to think for itself and Washington will reap the whirlwind because of it.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
        Really the only reason I enjoyed watching Trump win this is to ultimately prove all of the polls and left wing media outlets wrong when they were rabidly reporting that Trump was constantly behind Hillary in the polls. We are finally seeing the people in this country no longer listening to what the media tells us to think. The nation is starting to think for itself and Washington will reap the whirlwind because of it.
        Agreed!

Comment>

We'll see if 70News is correct. They claim the other news agencies are dragging their feet about reporting the election results as they are still so glum about their defeat last Tuesday. We shall see. In the end, we are a Republic with an Electoral College and the popular vote isn't the way that our Presidents are chosen.
          Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap