View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

US elections - Please explain them to a European

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US elections - Please explain them to a European

300+ million inhabitants - and they've narrowed it down to these two?

I don't get it, I must be missing something here. One lies more than that she speaks the truth, the other one... Well. I could either laugh about it and call him a complete joke. Or I could say what he actually is, another Hitler.

It must be about excitement, right? The things he says are insane (and not very professional), and he will do things no president in the right mind would ever do. Let's vote for him! What?

And has everyone seen the articles about 5 men that have died all within 2 weeks, and all of them anti-Clinton? Somehow unreported by the media as well. Coincidences all over the place!

But in all seriousness, what am I missing here?
    Last edited by Julian; 08-23-2016, 06:07 PM.

Originally posted by Julian View Post

I don't get it, I must be missing something here. One lies more than that she speaks the truth, the other one... Well. I could either laugh about it and call him a complete joke. Or I could say what he actually is, another Hitler.

It must be about excitement, right? The things he says are insane (and not very professional), and he will do things no president in the right mind would ever do. Let's vote for him! What?
    And has everyone seen the articles about 5 men that have died all within 2 weeks, and all of them anti-Clinton? Somehow unreported by the media as well. Coincidences all over the place!

Nothing. You're missing nothing. That is an honest observation.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Got to go with William. Absolutely nothing.

Comment>

Well thanks for the quick with the responses of nothing, and the question in general I suppose, but unfortunately nothing probably is the right answer in terms of what you are missing. To elaborate a bit, though, we just decided that not every vote is equal (for what reason I am not sure), and then we decided to rank these votes based on where you live and have that system determine the election. To be able to be elected though, that is where the real fun of the process is, and where the real money is wasted on pleasing delegates and all of that stuff that does not make sense to other countries - because they are probably smarter than that. Very interesting, nonetheless, and thanks for sharing.
        Comment>

Yup, pretty much a cluster fudge, wrapped in a horrific circus, stuffed inside a colossal boondoggle.
          Comment>

Basically, all the 'good' politicians fall into either two categories. The first and most obvious is that the reason that the politician is good is because they're incompetent and have accomplished nothing while being in their respective office. The second is that the good politicians simply didn't enter the race because they don't want to get dragged through the mud by social media. The only ones who are willing to participate in this are then ones who are used to scandal and constant criticism. Hilary is basically a felon walking and Trump feeds off scandal, it's how he's gotten this far without spending the money most politicians have to to get advertising. Honestly, if Elizabeth Warren had tried in the beginning, I would have considered her over Trump but she's a turncoat supporting Hilary.
            Comment>

I could say what he actually is, another Hitler.
              Is this a fair comparison, or are you being as outrageous as you are accusing him of being?
              Last edited by thatbrian; 08-24-2016, 04:46 AM.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap