View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Gawker go bye bye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gawker go bye bye

Apparently Hogan's 28 inch pythons ran wild on them.

One less tabloid to ignore I guess.

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
    Apparently Hogan's 28 inch pythons ran wild on them.

One less tabloid to ignore I guess.
    I agree. No great loss.

Comment>

On one side, I don't think it's right for Hulk Hogan to have an affair with his best friend's wife but I also don't think it's right to film people without consent. I'm glad that God gave him some karma and had Gawker go bankrupt for their unscrupulous practice. Like Knotical said, one less tabloid to spread hate and malicious content.
      Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
        On one side, I don't think it's right for Hulk Hogan to have an affair with his best friend's wife but I also don't think it's right to film people without consent. I'm glad that God gave him some karma and had Gawker go bankrupt for their unscrupulous practice. Like Knotical said, one less tabloid to spread hate and malicious content.
        You do know God has nothing to do with karma, right?
        Comment>

I woulnt say nothing. God takes away from the unrightous to give to the rightous. Wouldnt you call that karmaic?
          Comment>

No, I would call it God's providence. Nothing God does is by chance, which is the basic concept of karma.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Comment>

Interesting, i have always heard karma defined something like do good, good things happen, do bad, bad things happen.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Serpardum View Post
                Interesting, i have always heard karma defined something like do good, good things happen, do bad, bad things happen.
                Yeah, but it is concept from a pagan religion, not something that has any kind of biblical support to it. It kind of goes along with the prosperity gospel, which is heretical at best.

We do good to bring glory to God as a small way of saying thank you for the salvation afforded to us through Jesus. God blesses us as He sees fit, not because we did good works.
                Comment>

I know that when i willingly give my tithe god blesses me (see the book of Malachi). I know the year i turned from God and lived a wordly life I went through 5 cars as each crashed, broke down, got stolen. I turned back to God and all was well (God chastises those whom he loves). I know that the bible teaches thst those who don't love God get their things taken away and given to thise that do. I know the bible says that all things work together for good for them that love God and that God was mad at the prophets who said things woud go good for them that didn't love God.

Perhaps it is true on a more meta level for christianity but i find the basic concept holds true.

It is true that as christians we shouldnt expect life to become a bed of roses, but i have heard people ask why are christian homes always so much nicer?
                  Comment>

However, God puts people through trials for different reasons, not just to bring them back to Him. Some trials are meant to prepare the individual for something coming later. So to just assume that because you are going through a trial is because you did something wrong is a fallacy. Sure we can take those moments to reflect on our personal walks and focus more on Him, but it is not always because we have some particular sin issue that God is convicting us of.
                    Comment>

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the concept. Im not advocating thst we as christians should start pushing the concept of karma. But we should recognize that god does indeed punish those who need it. Hod does reward those that follow his will.

The basic stance of karma is doing bad causes bad things to happen, not necessarily that all bad things happen because of this though.

There are things we may think of as bad but turn out for good such as the time i got stuck out all night but then spent three hours talking to someone bringing them back to God. That is for good.

For people who do not love god he may not necessarily cause bad things to happen, but he doesnt stop them from happening either.

I think this might be a good discussion on general faith, scripture that points to do good get good, do bad get bad.
                      Comment>

I understand that the word karma comes from Eastern culture but it's a concise word that describes a balance of justice. God does karma even though it's never called that in the bible. Evil doers go to hell and believers go to heaven, what you do in life comes back to you in the afterlife. But there is also justice in life. Job suffered for his never wavering belief in God, despite his friends mocking him and his wife telling him to turn away from God, he didn't. God rewarded his unwavering belief. I used karma instead because it implies justice based on a person's previous actions.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
                          Evil doers go to hell and believers go to heaven, what you do in life comes back to you in the afterlife.
                          Only half of this statement is true. Those who go to hell are being paid for how they have lived on earth. Those who go to Heaven do so only as a result of God's grace. They deserve to go to Hell but they don't do so because Jesus has taken the bad karma that they have earned.
                          Clyde Herrin's Blog
                          Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                            Only half of this statement is true. Those who go to hell are being paid for how they have lived on earth. Those who go to Heaven do so only as a result of God's grace. They deserve to go to Hell but they don't do so because Jesus has taken the bad karma that they have earned.
                            I know your theology teaches thst, but i dont find the bible teaching thst, especially Ezekial 18. So lets try to word it so it fits into your theology.

People go to heaven for doing the good thing of accepting christ. Is thst better?
                            Comment>

Originally posted by Serpardum View Post

I know your theology teaches thst, but i dont find the bible teaching thst, especially Ezekial 18. So lets try to word it so it fits into your theology.

People go to heaven for doing the good thing of accepting christ. Is thst better?
                              People who accept Christ go to Heaven because of the good he has done.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap