View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

You've Been Silenced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've Been Silenced

Original Article: 'You've Been Silenced,' Trump Tells Pastors As He Vows To Get Christians' Voice Back

Trump makes a point that free speech is being stolen away from people who are telling the truth and that without religious liberty, there isn't real liberty. I really like that he's open about how Christianity has been smothered under liberal dogma about being fair to everyone except to Christians. I'm not really sure about getting rid of the Johnson Amendment though, I'll have to do some more research on that.

Here is another article beta goes more in depth on the Amendment issue : The Repeal of the Johnson Amendment: How Trump Is Trying to Put More Money Into Politics - The Atlantic

Some churches have danced on a red line to avoid running into this law. A church may inform congregants on how to vote, but just not who to vote for. Another words, the church body may not endorse "a" political candidate. Personally, I don't believe Politics or even an American flag belongs in a church. Would I like to see Johnson's amendment appealed? Yes. I'm just not voting for Trump to see it happen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	21638

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I do not envy you Americans. It's a hard choice that has to be made. In the realm of politics, Christians should be encouraged to vote according to their conscience and according to the leading of the Spirit. He may even have two people in the same congregation vote for different leaders according to his own inscrutable will. It seems to me that, in a democracy, God is ultimately in control of the outcome. For (what we perceive as) better or worse, God knows what he's doing.
      Comment>

Originally posted by deanyd_17 View Post
        I do not envy you Americans. It's a hard choice that has to be made. In the realm of politics, Christians should be encouraged to vote according to their conscience and according to the leading of the Spirit. He may even have two people in the same congregation vote for different leaders according to his own inscrutable will. It seems to me that, in a democracy, God is ultimately in control of the outcome. For (what we perceive as) better or worse, God knows what he's doing.
        We are not a democracy though. We are a Constitutional Republic that protects the rights of the minority under the Constitution. That is, despite the majority certain inalienable rights cannot be infringed upon. The majority are checked and balanced in our ideal system.

It is the push to pure democracy which causes so many issues, in my opinion.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
        ― Alexander Fraser Tytler
        No wonder we are now facing an issue Democracy faces, because we are now mimicking a Democracy.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Well I am not usually one to support Mr. Trump, but he does have good points every once in a while. I choose to kind of stay outside of the political arguments when it comes to faith, but they are certainly important and I do think that someone has to deal with them. They just tend to muddy my own beliefs, though, about a lot of things, and at this point I cannot afford to have that happen. I need my faith, so politics just has no place in it for me to think about. Thanks for sharing.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap