View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

How many people here actually intend to vote for Trump?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people here actually intend to vote for Trump?

I've never come across a Trump supporter in real life. I want to know why people think he would make a good president.

I can not vote for Trump or Clinton. Both, in my opinion, have serious flaws, My intent is to exetcise my right to write in a candidate.
    Comment>

This is a perspective from someone who isn't from the United States so I might be completely wrong, but I think if Trump wins, the country will really be affected. There are two possible scenarios if Trump is elected: he'll either bring the United States out of its economy crisis, as Trump is undeniably a great economist and he knows how to deal with technical issues. The second scenario is he will turn the country into a wave of unmorality and protesters will impeach him. But IMO, not one of the candidates look promising.
      Comment>

I have no idea what I'm going to do, and I don't like that feeling. This is the first election where I have felt like I can't support anyone. I feel like doing a write-in makes some sense, and yet it won't do anything except essentially give a free vote to someone else. So I really have no idea who I will be voting for in November. I wish someone else was available!
        Comment>

Sadly, I have come across numerous Trump supporters. I am surprised at how many of my friends have jumped onto the Trump train and are looking forward to putting their votes in. To be honest, it's scaring me. The idea that Trump might very well be our next President is absolutely terrifying. The man comes off as a nut job, though he has managed to bring every single racist to the surface, making them feel better about themselves. He has convinced the racist agenda that it's not racist at all, but realistic. I'm hoping for the best, but I am expecting the worst.
          Comment>

Originally posted by lexinonomous View Post
            Sadly, I have come across numerous Trump supporters. I am surprised at how many of my friends have jumped onto the Trump train and are looking forward to putting their votes in. To be honest, it's scaring me. The idea that Trump might very well be our next President is absolutely terrifying. The man comes off as a nut job, though he has managed to bring every single racist to the surface, making them feel better about themselves. He has convinced the racist agenda that it's not racist at all, but realistic. I'm hoping for the best, but I am expecting the worst.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2016-03-15-at-11.00.50-AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	19063
            Comment>

If you put aside the almost psychotic personality with which he seems to approach many of his rallies what you have left is some quite reasonable plans to fix some extremely messed up parts of this country. Some of the things he plans to do is overhaul our trade agreements, which they are desperately in need of; overhaul our immigration program, which is completely broken; and a complete reversal in our foreign policy which has gotten us into more conflicts than we ever should have.

If the only people we have to choose from is Hillary or Donald, I would pick Donald all day long. However, we do have other options out there. Of course there is Gary Johnson running on the Libertarian ticket, but I do have reservations about him as well (specifically about his stance on abortion). We also have the option to do write ins, but those are basically useless other than to afford the ability to say we voted, but not for any of the other candidates.
              Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
                If the only people we have to choose from is Hillary or Donald, I would pick Donald all day long. However, we do have other options out there. Of course there is Gary Johnson running on the Libertarian ticket, but I do have reservations about him as well (specifically about his stance on abortion). We also have the option to do write ins, but those are basically useless other than to afford the ability to say we voted, but not for any of the other candidates.
                Can you imagine if both Hillary and Donald were taken out of the running, and the election came down to the other write ins? Whoa, what a mind trip. :eek:

God bless,
                William

Comment>

Originally posted by VioletCake View Post
                  I have no idea what I'm going to do, and I don't like that feeling. This is the first election where I have felt like I can't support anyone. I feel like doing a write-in makes some sense, and yet it won't do anything except essentially give a free vote to someone else. So I really have no idea who I will be voting for in November. I wish someone else was available!
                  Hi VC, if the vote has to be between Hillary and Donald, I will vote for Donald. A vote for anyone else is, as you said above, a free vote for Hillary. I've been a fiscal conservative since college, and a social conservative since I became a Christian 30 years ago, and Hillary, who is being dragged further and further to the left by those in her party, becomes less and less of the candidate and leader that I believe our country needs right now.

I am also staunchly Pro-Life (again, since the day I became a Christian), and while I don't not believe that Trump can repeal Roe, it would be nice to have someone in office who will try to contain it a bit (for instance, we need to see an end to partial-birth abortions as a starting point, but such a thing wouldn't even be considered by Hillary).

So Trump is who I am left with. And at least with Trump we can hope and pray that things will get better. I don't believe that will be true if there is a Hillary presidency.

--David
                  Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                  Comment>

Well I know of a lot of people who have changed their mind, and so if that is any indication of a general sense throughout the whole country then this is going to be an interesting election. I think that we can expect interesting no matter what, but this would just add to it. I know that there is a vote coming up to allow delegates to change their votes, but all indications are that it will not pass. Still though, I am curious to see where this one goes from here.
                    Comment>

If it were a purely binary choice between Clinton and Trump, I would vote for Trump for one specific reason. Although I think that Trump will not be a good president and he will not advance the goals of committed Christians, Trump will not be an implacable foe to these goals either. Clinton, given her complete lack of morals and outright hostility to Christianity, will continue the assault that Obama has waged against committed Christians and Jews that has occurred the last 7.5 years. I'll accept the four-year stalemate with Trump rather than another assault by Clinton.
                      Comment>

I'm not keen on either as being the BEST leader we could have - but I do think that Trump is honest. I think Hillary has proven time and time again that she lies. Also I have a family that have active duty military members, and I think that Donald will advocate for them better than Hillary.

But jeez. We're kind of stuck with one of them, it seems. I am a little worried about how the next few years will pan out, to be honest.
                        Comment>

Trump wants to kill ISIS family members. That breaks every war crime conceivable. He is not a Christian because he wants to kill ISIS and their family members. How can anyone here vote for a monster like this. He is a disease that needs to be cut out.

Comment>

I have never came across a Hillary supporter that was under the age of 50, the woman really does not appeal to me at all. She is corrupt and a career politician who is clearly the establishment favorite. Trump is not perfect but has policies that benefit the poor and middle class (Which coincidentally benefit the same minorities that the mainstream media reports Trump is racist towards). One look at Hillary's donor list makes her a complete write off for me instantly.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by My3Sons_NJ View Post
                              If it were a purely binary choice between Clinton and Trump, I would vote for Trump for one specific reason. Although I think that Trump will not be a good president and he will not advance the goals of committed Christians, Trump will not be an implacable foe to these goals either. Clinton, given her complete lack of morals and outright hostility to Christianity, will continue the assault that Obama has waged against committed Christians and Jews that has occurred the last 7.5 years. I'll accept the four-year stalemate with Trump rather than another assault by Clinton.
                              Clinton is hostile toward Christianity? I didn't know about this. What did she do to make you think so?
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap