View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Trump has allegedly accepted CHRIST as savior!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump has allegedly accepted CHRIST as savior!

James Dobson: Trump recently accepted 'a relationship with Christ' - POLITICO

I thought this was a political debate thread, so this may fit here. If Trump is true, then will this sway anyone here who is voting Hillary? Why would anyone vote for her anyways? The liberal agenda is very evil and i would never ever vote that way again.Trump, though immoral, is really an unknown, while Mrs Clinton is pro death and anti second amendment. Good luck with that.

Well, I certainly hope Mr. Trump has found the Lord, that would be wonderful. However, even without that little benefit, I would still vote for him, because the man knows how to get things done. He knows how to build the economy, he knows how to make jobs happen. He has vast experience with the ins and outs of business ownership and he speaks his mind with little regard for political correctness. I find all of that refreshing in this day and age when we hire our president based solely on popularity polls... (not to mention skin color) I have long ago decided that a woman president is not necessarily a bad thing, but she would have to be someone with conservative values, who knows what the heck she's doing. Hilary does not qualify, at least not in my book, but then again, I get the sense that she's been president before... :rolleyes:
    Comment>

Here is a paragraph from the article.

However, Dobson, a Christian psychologist and founder of the Focus on the Family group, said he knows “the person who led [Trump] to Christ. And that’s fairly recent.”
      If Trump's conversion is real it must by very recent. I won't vote for Trump unless I see some drastic changes in his lifestyle between now and the election. I'm afraid that if he has made a profession of faith in Christ it might be a false profession made to get the votes of Christians.

There is a movement among the Republican delegates to keep him from getting the nomination so the question of whether he has become a Christian might not matter.

There's still hope for the Republican party! Trump might not get the nomination after all! -Christforums

On the other hand I have been praying for Trump's conversion so I might be acting like the members of the church in Acts 12 who were praying for Peter's release from prison and yet didn't believe when he was released. :)
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

So you won't be voting then? You absolutely cannot vote for Hillary and all the she stands for. This is a tough year, but we know she is evi!.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Even So View Post
          So you won't be voting then? You absolutely cannot vote for Hillary and all the she stands for. This is a tough year, but we know she is evi!.
          The Democrat and Republican parties aren't the only ones that exist. The are minor parties such as the Libertarian and Constitution parties that may have candidates that are better than the major party candidates. They might not have a chance of winning but at least voting for one of them will enable us to avoid sharing the responsibility for whoever is elected. And it is even possible that a minor party could become a major party someday.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

If Trump did become a Christian that is all well and good. The problem now comes in the show-n-tell portion of the show. If his fruit does not back up the claim then it is really meaningless. And if he is only doing it as some sort of campaign stunt then he is in that much more deep water.

It would have gone better for him to have not announced this (assuming he actually has, cuz I really haven't seen anything directly from him) and just started emulating a Christian lifestyle and allow people to come to their own conclusions than to actually announce it and not show any Spiritual fruit.
            Comment>

Whenever a politician says anything about religion you have to take it with a grain of salt, the majority of time they are just pandering for votes and it's hard to trust them. It's better off focusing on a candidate's policies, it gives you a better idea of what they are about.

I just can't believe in a politician that says anything about religion during a election year, they come off as insincere just because it's a election year.
              Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                Here is a paragraph from the article.

If Trump's conversion is real it must by very recent. I won't vote for Trump unless I see some drastic changes in his lifestyle between now and the election. I'm afraid that if he has made a profession of faith in Christ it might be a false profession made to get the votes of Christians.

There is a movement among the Republican delegates to keep him from getting the nomination so the question of whether he has become a Christian might not matter.

There's still hope for the Republican party! Trump might not get the nomination after all! -Christforums

On the other hand I have been praying for Trump's conversion so I might be acting like the members of the church in Acts 12 who were praying for Peter's release from prison and yet didn't believe when he was released. :)
                I don't know how much we may see from him to convince us in a short amount of time, but if it is true, we certainly can rejoice that another soul is in the fold.

Comment>

I think Trump is merely posturing. Most people [including Obama] had to claim they were Christian because most people expect them to be. So say, get done with it, go to church once in a while and you get some Christians to vote for you. That said, saying one is a Christian is one thing and practically showing that you are is another. When the Pope pointed out that Trump was no Christian he called the Pope "disgraceful." But I do agree with Trump's other commments — that we shouldn't question another's faith. Judge not . . .
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
                    But I do agree with Trump's other commments — that we shouldn't question another's faith. Judge not . . .
                    You are taking the command to judge not out of context. If someone says he has faith we should expect him to show his faith by how he lives.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

It bothers me that Trump tries so hard to relate to any kind of conservative group to get more votes. I do believe he's a christian but why now? He could have mentioned it months ago. Isn't it a coincidence that he's accepting God now that the polls are not on his side... Anyways, maybe I'm wrong and if I am, I'm proud of him. Just wish he'd lay back on the offensive comments...
                      Comment>

I'm not terribly sure that Trump has converted. Everyone knows his idol is gold and himself. Though his daughter is Jewish, so maybe she's had some influence on him. So while I hope that he gave himself to God, I doubt there is room in his heart for him.
                        Comment>

Unfortunately, according to recent news, it seems that the only worship Trump is doing is at the alter of money. Promising millions and giving on 10,000 is a real scummy thing to do. If you weren't going to do it, why would you promise it?

A review also shows he donated less than a third of $8.5 million pledged since 2001.
                          Comment>

Without reading the article again, I believe Trump never made the comment himself, rather Dobson merely said he knew someone who knew Trump. Think what we want, but Hillary is a beast so pick your poison wisely. No not the beast.
                            Comment>

Self-righteous Americans! Better than thou hypocrites claiming they are Christians and judging nobody else is! And I am NOT referring to Donald Trump; I mean you pretending Christian voters!

You don't know what you are throwing away. Donald Trump has GUTS, a man doing what a man has got to do. And I, a South African, shall PRAY for Donald Trump like Jesus told Peter He would pray for him.

Has the world gone NUTS?! Look where it's heading ... into an inferno its devil-boss the pope and two billion false Christians and two billion Islamic Catholics at war over who shall OWN YOU AND YOUR COUNTRY, Americans! whom they will make their SLAVES, yes YOU, real Protestant Christians confessing the Faith of Jesus Christ whether Presbyterian (like Donald Trump) or Calvinist Baptist (like most Americans who still are claiming their Christian Faith in this wicked generation).

Know the grace you people still receive so undeservingly, and thank God for real human but nevertheless Christian, leaders.

Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap