View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

More shootings in the United States, it seems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More shootings in the United States, it seems.

A few hours ago, apparently a gunman has shot and killed more than 50 people in a night club in Orlando Florida. Armed with an assault rifle as well as smaller guns, he open fired on a night club and killing fifty, and injuring a lot more. The motives were apparently for the terrorist group ISIS, but news are still coming in about more details about the shooting and the total number of casualties. It's a pretty sad world we live in though, when people just die for the sake of making a statement from these groups of people. It's pretty ridiculous that you can't even go outside without fearing a shooter disrupting the peace of your day and assaulting people that they never even knew. What did you guys think? And what can the United States do to avoid more of these shootings, which seem to happen a lot more recently?

Well, when hate groups such as ISIS are allowed to roam freely throughout the world, and many places of business such as movie theaters and night clubs have prohibitions against carrying weapons... this sort of thing is bound to happen sooner rather than later. How to avoid more shootings? Simple. Open carry permits help a lot. In my state we are allowed to open carry and believe me, the sight of those weapons on someone's belt really CAN make a person, (with evil intent or not) stand up and take notice. It would also help if our government knew what it was looking for when it decides to search people coming into our country. Instead of wasting time practically molesting screaming two year olds, why not spend more time on those who actually appear suspicious?
    Comment>

What will follow is probably calls for stricter gun laws but criminals like this one wouldn't simply buy a gun on the black market. Since any Muslim can be radicalized [and the extremists have learned to blend in quite well] it's going to be a lot harder to stop these lone wolf terrorist attacks.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Novelangel View Post
        Open carry permits help a lot.
        Concealed carry permits might help even more. If a gunman sees that people are armed he is likely to just choose another target where people aren't carrying guns. If he can't tell which people are armed and which are he might decide not to risk shooting.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Up to now, it's still not clear whether the gunman has a relationship with the terrorist group or not. But it still remains that this has got to be one of the worst mass shooting in the history of the US. Sadly, lives were lost and these are lives that we cannot bring back. It was chilling and frightening to read the stories of people who were there in the incident. I do believe in just two genders, male and female, that's true.

But I also have friends who are homosexuals and I don't have anything against them. They are the most talented and generous people I've known. I preach them about the teachings of the Lord all the time and they just listen to me.

I just wish that this case would be resolved in time. Stricter gun policies would have to be the solution in this case. I guess a thorough search before entering any club can also be required. If you have weapons, then you cannot get into the club. It's better to have this safety rather than risk people's lives.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Deka View Post
            Stricter gun policies would have to be the solution in this case.
            No, they wouldn't. If some of the patrons had been armed and able to shoot back the death toll would have been lower.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

The crime was a heinous act of violence. I suppose that media publications won't report that this is the belief of the nation of Islam. They'll report it as terrorism. They will distinguish between them. In America, never before has the homosexual community been so "expressive". We hear in the news when a Christian business refuses to serve the LGBT agenda and imposes a conflict of interest. Yet we hear nothing about the hangings and death sentences imposed by Islam. I suppose these things go against the liberal narrative, instead they'll go after the guns and differentiate between terrorist groups and moderate Muslims. Only if the liberal media was so charitable towards Christians....
              Comment>

I also think Islam's greatest weapon is not a semi automatic rifle. It is ideology, an incompatible ideology to the West. We will be destroyed because there is no accountability for ideology under the banner of freedom of expression. We will be destroyed because a false religion is the poster child of the liberal agenda. We will be destroyed by freedom of religion because we rejected the observations of our forefathers concerning Islam.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                  Concealed carry permits might help even more. If a gunman sees that people are armed he is likely to just choose another target where people aren't carrying guns. If he can't tell which people are armed and which are he might decide not to risk shooting.
                  That's true. I hadn't thought of that. But then again, if he can't see any weapons at all, he might just assume there are none and open fire anyway. At least one person could get injured or die before someone who is armed reacts to the situation. Probably the best thing is to allow open and concealed carry both for all public venues where a lot of people gather. I don't know which would best resolve the situation, but one thing that definitely hurts the populace is removing our defenses. When those signs go up that state weapons aren't allowed... that's when we need to avoid those places.
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap