View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Social Warriors and their Carnage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Warriors and their Carnage

They are everywhere, in school, on social media, television, news, and in the streets protesting over hurt feelings. Now I respect the premiss of some of it, we as people need to be aware that other people live a different experience than us depending on their backgrounds and that you shouldn't say a slur that is derogatory. I get that, I support not saying raciest words casually or at all. But social justice warriors go to far in their expectations that the world should and can be fair. In their defense, most of the generation grew up with being told they were princes or princesses and that they were special even if they haven't done anything yet. This generation has grown up with amazing technology and information, and privileges that people from other countries can't even comprehend. This environment where everyone is special and false fairness has created a deficit in their characters because they've never had to suffer challenging themselves as children and work to overcome an obstacle. So when they reach adulthood, they are completely spiritually and mentally unprepared for the real world, which isn't fair. This causes them to react violently by demanding safe spaces in college, to demand that your right to freedom of speech should be removed if you don't agree with them, and that they deserve a living wage straight out of college when people who've been working for twenty years work two to three jobs just to pay the bills. No one is saying anything to really stop this nonsense.

Part of the reason, I think they have such a hold on society is because Christians have been pigeoned holed into corner as the bad guy. I don't know when this happened but the left and most social justice warriors blame everything bad in society on the Christians even though most of the bombing and killings lately have been done by Islamic extremist. On some basic level, if Christianity hadn't be shoved so violently to the side in society I don't think their arguments would hold much weight because of what the bible teaches. There are many stories in the bible that show that life isn't fair and that you have to suffer before you get rewarded. Moses had to walk forty years with very whinny people and still wasn't allowed to enter the holy land because of a mistake he made. Job had to suffer welts, public scorn for perceived sins, and the death of his children to prove his faith in God. Jesus had to die on the cross to pay for our sins which were and are infinite. Non of this is fair because life isn't fair, but that actions define these people. We love Jesus for his sacrifice for our sake because it isn't fair but he did it anyway. We respect Job for not turning his back on God. And Moses was honored as a prophet and one of God's chosen people. The Bible shows that this world isn't fair and I think the separation of it from society is creating an environment that is far removed from reality. People are forgetting that you have to work and suffer to accomplish anything in this life.

Perhaps one reason Christians are perceived as bad people is that too many of us have tried to fight the evils in society by passing laws instead of preaching the gospel to change men's hearts. Government is established by God and God's people should be involved in it, both by voting and by serving in political offices, but this should not be our primary means of fighting evil. Our real enemy isn't the people who introduce evil policies but the spiritual forces that control these people.
    We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
    (Ephesians 6:12 ESV)
    It is important for Christians to vote but it is even more important that we pray for those who are in positions of authority.
    First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
    (1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV)
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap