View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Who's your candidate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your candidate?

Just curious as to the views here as to who they would like to see become President. For myself, my first choice would be Cruz, though I think Trump, from a financial perspective only, would probably be okay.

God bless.

I support Cruz. I would never vote for Trump under any circumstances.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I really do not care for any of them, but if I had to choose it would be Cruz.
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        That's a little scary, brother. While I do not care much for Trump, at the same time, I see him as a better option than Clinton (and she will likely be running). Many refused to vote for Romney because he was a Mormon, but I would remind you that we are not voting for a deacon or Pastor, but a man to fill a secular office.

As a business owner, I know both Cruz and Trump would likely be a step up from a Democratic President. Obama has done nothing but hurt what is the backbone of this country...small business. Not so bad for companies that do not mind hiring illegals and don't pay their taxes anyway, but for those of us who play by the rules it has been tough.

Hope you will consider that if Trump is nominated, a vote for him is a vote against Clinton. While I think he is likely as liberal as she is, lol, from a perspective of someone who has shown he has a good business sense (as did Romney), at the very least we have a chance to see improvement in regards to business.

But I'm with you, I hope Cruz gets it, and having a female running mate, there is still a chance, I think.

God bless.
        Comment>

Unfortunately when it comes to the two major parties there really is no "lesser of two (or four in this case) evils."

Sanders is arguably clinically insane, regardless of how affable and likeable he is as a person.

Trump may be a good businessman, and I do think this country should be run as a business, meaning we should gut any hemorrhaging government programs and actually have it run lean and efficiently. It is his ego and liberal leanings on many of the key issues that disqualifies him for me.

I would never vote for Clinton as she is a woman. I just do not see this country benefiting from a woman being in that office, setting the unbiblical aspect aside.

Along the same lines Cruz has effectually disqualified himself by choosing a woman as his runningmate.

I will have to seriously look at the third party candidates this time around.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
            Unfortunately when it comes to the two major parties there really is no "lesser of two (or four in this case) evils."

Sanders is arguably clinically insane, regardless of how affable and likeable he is as a person.

Trump may be a good businessman, and I do think this country should be run as a business, meaning we should gut any hemorrhaging government programs and actually have it run lean and efficiently. It is his ego and liberal leanings on many of the key issues that disqualifies him for me.

I would never vote for Clinton as she is a woman. I just do not see this country benefiting from a woman being in that office, setting the unbiblical aspect aside.

Along the same lines Cruz has effectually disqualified himself by choosing a woman as his runningmate.

I will have to seriously look at the third party candidates this time around.
            I agree with you as to your point of there being no such thing as a "lesser" evil. I think Cruz is the purest Constitutional Republican in my generation. However, Carly, I wonder about Cruz's decision, I can see it being a strategic benefit should the Democrat nomination go to Hillary. Carly is a woman, and her voice directed towards Hillary ultimately will be more "tolerable" amongst women voters. Although, I'm really sick of these "token" politicians, that is, voting for them because they are black, a woman, or whatever reason other than their ability to uphold the office.
            Comment>

I am really hoping that something will come of the criminal probe the FBI is making into Hillary's email case, especially along the lines of an indictment. Of course it may be hoping too much for a conviction, but at least something that would completely derail her campaign.
              Comment>

I am really hoping that something will come of the criminal probe the FBI is making into Hillary's email case, especially along the lines of an indictment. Of course it may be hoping too much for a conviction, but at least something that would completely derail her campaign.
                Ditto

Comment>

Me too.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                    Looks like Cruz just pulled out. I will never vote for Trump either, Theo. People got what they wanted- Evil. Whether Hillary or Trump, pure evil or the lesser evil, they got evil.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
                      Looks like Cruz just pulled out. I will never vote for Trump either, Theo.
                      I agree, no Trump.

Comment>

Just in, Ted Cruz had dropped out of the Republican race for Trump's numbers seemed insurmountable. Kasich's number are so tiny to compete with the gargantuan numbers of Trump. With that, Trump gets a clearer path to the Republican nomination amidst the "Stop Trump" movement within the Republican fence. And after it becomes official then the real work begins because Hillary Clinton, the expected candidate of the Democrats, is no pushover. Some surveys say that Trump will have a hard time against Hillary but it remains to be seen because only the actual elections will prove the real numbers. And if you ask me, most of my relatives are for Trump and a few are for Clinton.
                        Comment>

I just do not see this country benefiting from a woman being in that office, setting the unbiblical aspect aside.
                          The Bible prohibits women from being leaders in the church but not in government. Don't forget that Deborah was chosen by God to be a judge. I would never vote for Clinton either' but it is because of the policies she advocates, not because she is a woman.
                          Clyde Herrin's Blog
                          Comment>

Not voting for Trump is essentially a vote for Clinton.

This is why Obama is in office. Because people allowed their prejudices to sway them, and did not look at the Office of President for what it is, a secular office, we saw the worst President we could have possibly had not only get voted in, but twice.

The damage Obama has done on so many fronts may never be recovered from.

The Office of President...is a business.

God bless.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by S.T.Ranger View Post
                              Not voting for Trump is essentially a vote for Clinton.
                              I keep hearing that but here is the thing. I have to follow my conscience and I cannot vote for a person whose moral character, in my opinion, is no better than of Clinton.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap