Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

I know it sounds unlikely please listen and help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it sounds unlikely please listen and help

I was raised in a Catholic household especially because I'm Puerto Rican. During my life I've questioned everything. Every religion,and I find that when I'm in desperate situations I sometimes find myself praying to God. Although I have learned that a person's upbringing through repetition can be trained into certain ways of acting. I often ask "we know that there are indigenous tribes deep in the forests and jungles and these people have never heard or know of any religion, so if they don't even know let alone believe in God or Jesus for example as in the Catholic church how can they be allowed into heaven?" anybody have thoughts on this matter cause I struggle with this and one other thing that is far more controversial. I believe I can see evil in people's faces. Almost like I can see a picture of a person and I hate to use the word demon but that's what pops in my head when I see certain people. And no I'm not crazy. But off at telling people because that's what they immediately think. Please help

Originally posted by Confused5071 View Post
    I often ask "we know that there are indigenous tribes deep in the forests and jungles and these people have never heard or know of any religion, so if they don't even know let alone believe in God or Jesus for example as in the Catholic church how can they be allowed into heaven?"
    Your argument or question in the world of apologetics is known as "the man on the deserted island".

Here's a pretty good article on the subject: What happens to those who have never heard about Jesus?

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

The article was still pretty vague. Also you did not address the second part of my question any thoughts?

Sent from my LGL53BL using Christforums mobile app

Comment>

Those who have not heard are a law unto themselves as where the people living before scripture in print. God is still manifested in them. Once God had prophets on the scene scripture came into print. Difference being scripture is for the perfection of the saints.
        As to your experiences 'gifts and callings are without repentance.'
        If you have a gift of that sort make sure the utility of it lines up with scripture...
        Comment>

Your question seems to be -- how can people who have never heard the Gospel get into heaven. And Hebrews 1:1 tells us that in times past -- God has spoken through prophets in various ways and at many times and then through Jesus Christ. So that no one has been left without knowledge of God / creator. God knows the heart of every person ever created. Because of the fall of man / sin / with Adam and Eve -- we have been aware of both good and evil. Every so often mission groups find people groups who have Not been reached with the Gospel. Basic salvation is presented and some accept and some don't. Same as Now.

And, yes, gift and callings Need to line up with Scripture.
          Comment>

It's not really a thing but some people just have a look in there eyes like something vile is in them, as if there's something in them. It could be that some mental illnesses can effect peoples eyes, maybe not. Any time I watch TBN some of the preachers have that vile look in their eyes, like they are some kind of dirty evil creatures who live for deceaving multitudes, but that could be just my opinion of them shaping what I'm seeing. Anyhow, what people look like isn't a correct way to judge them.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
              Any time I watch TBN some of the preachers have that vile look in their eyes, like they are some kind of dirty evil creatures who live for deceaving multitudes, but that could be just my opinion of them shaping what I'm seeing.
              Couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
              Anyhow, what people look like isn't a correct way to judge them.
              ROFL You my brother cracked me up with your disclaimer

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

It has been said that the 'eyes' are a window to the soul of a person.

A person's outward appearance is a reflection of who they are on the inside.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                  It has been said that the 'eyes' are a window to the soul of a person.

A person's outward appearance is a reflection of who they are on the inside.
                  While I agree that even our facial expressions are of the soul, and that our external appearances express much more than the superficial, I believe we are taught from Scripture not to judge superficially.

LOL,

Seriously,

I mean if you run into this don't judge!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PAY-MAIN-Ted-Richards-Parrotman-plastic-surgery-to-look-like-parrot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	45786

Disclaimer: Jesus never taught that we should not judge, but he did teach that we should judge righteously and not superficially.

Now everyone says, what a kind looking man.

Teehee

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

RUN -- do Not Walk AWAY from. What sci-fi movie is he prepped for?!
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap