Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

What will happen to our pets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will happen to our pets?

Say, hypothetically Jesus comes back tomorrow... Or the saints are 'saved' in time of war. Our pets that are currently with us, do you think they'll come with us or stay 'in the world?'.

I couldn't imagine my pets being helpless and in pain. :(

Let's just pray that we don't all go up at the same time .... you know, fender-benders, etc.
    Comment>

No pain for pets.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Warmy View Post
        I couldn't imagine my pets being helpless and in pain. :(
        When God makes something that can love, and cannot sin, what makes you think he would wish to see it suffer?

Originally posted by Winken View Post
        Let's just pray that we don't all go up at the same time .... you know, fender-benders, etc.
        Wasn't it the Left Behind films that had planes dropping from the sky because both pilots had been Raptured, etc? I only made it partway through the first film, so I didn't get the details. There's a rather sad clip with a dog tied to a trolley barking at a pile of clothes, because it can't understand what happened to its owner. (The Rapture seems to be a created doctrine, rather than a Biblical one: UCG.org).
        Comment>

The Bible do not address what happens to pets one way or the other. I have loved ou pets and we have had a number of them perhaps as many as 50 over my lifetime. I get really attached to these special animals. Once a parakeet we had became egg bound, we had to put her to sleep. I was very attacked to her, I cried when she died. God has given these special animals to us, and I find themore care and love we give, it comes back in so many ways.

Cats are so sweet, but dogs are smarter, birds are funny and repeat just what we say. How wonderful our God is.

justme
          Comment>

I've also had a number of pets in my life time -- we are now the 'care-takers' of a bunch of ferral cats that we have taken the responsibility to feed. It's true that cats and dogs, etc. Do have personalities -- but do they have the ability to understand right from wrong -- yes, do they have the ability to understand consequences of 'being bad dog/ cat' to some extent, yes. Can a person explain the plan of salvation to them and have it understood and accepted by the animal -- probably Not. Jesus Christ died for People -- we don't find indications in Scripture of an animal of any kind 'coming to Christ'. God has given the Written word to mankind. Animals are given 'noise' not verbal language.

During the 1,000 yr reign of Christ -- the various animals that would have been harming us -- won't act that way.

And, yes, God Has given us many animals to enjoy as companions and enjoy their beauty -- here on earth.

Unfortunately the Left Behind series is fiction based on parts of Scripture -- but it's Only fiction. It's based on the idea that once the Rapture Does take place that those who scoffed will have a 2nd chance to repent and become believers. Scripture says otherwise.

There is Also the fact that Before the fall of Adam and Eve -- that God created all the animal world and man was having dominion over them. But the question remains -- do they have Souls? Mankind was created in the image of God - not animals.

so -- what happens to them ? They die and return to the dust of the earth..
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap