Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Jesus and Transhumanism

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus and Transhumanism

Ray Kurzweil and Dmitry Iskov from 2045 Initiative wants to end death completely and wants humanity to live forever in a "avator" by 2045 and it's becoming a midstream now. This is not a joke and they are completely serious about this. I for one believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. But I can not bare to live inside an avator for eternity.

Ray Kurzweil is a very smart man no doubt about it, but I in fear transhumanism will become a reality by a quarter of a century from now, and I hope he's wrong about the singularity and transhumanism.

They even think they can one day transfer your soul and consisouness to an avator from the human body one day.

Also some people aim to bring back the dead. I strongly disagree with that. Do you think that's possible?

Technology is improving at an alarming rate and we will never know what they will be capable of in the future. Hopefully the second coming of Christ is coming to stop all this.

Would transhumanism defeat death, if so, you can still choose to die and go to heaven with Jesus right? I for one would hate to be forced to be in an avator one day. I would still choose to die even though they invent the technology for immortality.

Would that defeat the purpose of living for Christ and going to Heaven?

They already created a robot that looks exactly like a human.

Let me know if you guys think about all of this. When they invent the technology to live forever in avatars I will still choose to stay in by biological body and die and go the heaven.

Theokayman1 when I started working in 1975 people were predicting that before the year 2000 robots and computers would be carrying out all the jobs in society and that human effort in the workplace would be redundant.

And the growth in computers during that time has indeed been phenomenal, but for all of the progress it has not happened and to my mind will not happen simply because we have not worked out how to make a robot think like a human!

Of course that moves the target to the very thing you now speak if - avatars to receive our consciousness. Well science fiction, they say has a habit of becoming science fact! But thankfully not in my lifetime in this case.

I imagine that should someone really work out how to make this happen it will create a schism in society along wealth lines. This technology will not be cheap and will not become availble to the masses. Then the person or corporation that controls the tech will in fact decide who gets an avatar and who does not. This will quockly divide the world and war will ensue. So Theokayman I would not worry about not being allowed to die, I would worry about the massive conflagration or even genocide that will inevitably flow from the limitations of production of these avatars.

Mankind has tried to create themselves immortality for centuries and every time has discovered that eternal life is still only available in one place: through Jesus, remember that and remember, in this world you will have trouble, but be of good faith, Jesus has overcome the world. That is the truth here, Jesus has defeated death, mankind cannot repeat God's work, no matter how clever we believe ourselves to be.
    Comment>

Still I would not want to be in an avatar. That would be a curse. I would rather die as a human and go to heaven to be with Jesus Christ. I would rather kill myself then to be in an avatar. But I must respect other people's wishes.
      Comment>

But I think it will cost $3M to create your avatar as it said on their website. But then people say it gets cheaper as time goes on.

I just want to be with Jesus, not be in that avatar.
        Comment>

People certainly come up with some way out ideas -- that's how we have some of the way out sci-fi movies.

Transhumanism -- trying to take God completely out of the equation of life. No death? God is still very much in control / in charge.

Talk is cheap -- technowledgey is alive and well // medical research // and God is still in control // in charge.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
            People certainly come up with some way out ideas -- that's how we have some of the way out sci-fi movies.

Transhumanism -- trying to take God completely out of the equation of life. No death? God is still very much in control / in charge.

Talk is cheap -- technowledgey is alive and well // medical research // and God is still in control // in charge.
            They also said Christains should embrace Transhumanism in some articles. No freaking way! Jesus is in control, not men! Am I right?
            Comment>

Sorry I bothered you guys in some non-sense. I am just extremely worried for our future and they are doing whatever it takes to make their goal happen. I know God is in control, but these men that are developing the technology (2045.com) are gonna do whatever it takes to make this happen.
              Comment>

Theokayman1 keeo your eyes on Jesus, not on the loud bragging fools who believe whatever they choose, just because they say something does not make it happen, they are not God! Even if they would like to be.
                Comment>

That is great advise thank you so much for caring! even if they invent the technology Jesus would want you doing die naturally and go to heaven, right?

Also I would like to point out that I must respect those who want to live forever through an avatar, but I am saying not everyone will have a avatar and there will still be humans left on this planet that want to die a natural death, right?
                  Comment>

Yes -- God Is In Control. No one is going to be able to 'sneak one in on God' which is what some people want to do. There is heaven or hell in Everyone's future. There will be No avatars to hide in.
                    Comment>

What is scary is that they have a timeline of what they are gonna do and they will do everything in their power to make sure their goal happens.

"2015-2020

The emergence and widespread use of affordable android "avatars" controlled by a "brain-computer" interface. Coupled with related technologies “avatars’ will give people a number of new features: ability to work in dangerous environments, perform rescue operations, travel in extreme situations etc.
                      Avatar components will be used in medicine for the rehabilitation of fully or partially disabled patients giving them prosthetic limbs or recover lost senses.

2020-2025

Creation of an autonomous life-support system for the human brain linked to a robot, ‘avatar’, will save people whose body is completely worn out or irreversibly damaged. Any patient with an intact brain will be able to return to a fully functioning bodily life. Such technologies will greatly enlarge the possibility of hybrid bio-electronic devices, thus creating a new IT revolution and will make all kinds of superimpositions of electronic and biological systems possible.

2030-2035

Creation of a computer model of the brain and human consciousness with the subsequent development of means to transfer individual consciousness onto an artificial carrier. This development will profoundly change the world, it will not only give everyone the possibility of cybernetic immortality but will also create a friendly artificial intelligence, expand human capabilities and provide opportunities for ordinary people to restore or modify their own brain multiple times. The final result at this stage can be a real revolution in the understanding of human nature that will completely change the human and technical prospects for humanity.

This is the time when substance-independent minds will receive new bodies with capacities far exceeding those of ordinary humans. A new era for humanity will arrive! Changes will occur in all spheres of human activity – energy generation, transportation, politics, medicine, psychology, sciences, and so on.

Today it is hard to imagine a future when bodies consisting of nanorobots will become affordable and capable of taking any form. It is also hard to imagine body holograms featuring controlled matter. One thing is clear however: humanity, for the first time in its history, will make a fully managed evolutionary transition and eventually become a new species. Moreover, prerequisites for a large-scale expansion into outer space will be created as well."

Straight from 2045.com
                      Comment>

What ever 'man' thinks he can invent will be 'outdone' by God.
                        Comment>

Theokayman1 did you read the part in the gospels where Jesus said nobody knows the time of the End except the Father, not even the Son?

When people start producing defined timelines for the future it is pretty certain that they are out of step with God's plans.

I think waiting for God's plan to unfold is far morereassuring than worrying about people who think they are greater than He is. If I am wrong, the worst that will happen is I will die happy, if they are wrong they will have some tricky explaining to do :).
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap