Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Questions for Christians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Christians

I found some intresting questions for Christians because i was curioused;

1)If you could go back in time to when Jesus was being crucified,would you try to save him,or would you stand back and do nothing,since your entire faith depends on him being crucified?

2)Which denomination is right in christianity?

3)Do you think it's just a coincidence that different religions are popular in different parts of the world?

4)What about any non-Christian good person?Should they be burning in Hell?

5)And if it's ultimately God's will what happens,why even bother praying?

6)What about Islam?Do you think Islam is an acceptable religion like Christianity?

Originally posted by Cultivar View Post

1)If you could go back in time to when Jesus was being crucified,would you try to save him,or would you stand back and do nothing,since your entire faith depends on him being crucified?

3)Do you think it's just a coincidence that different religions are popular in different parts of the world?

6)What about Islam?Do you think Islam is an acceptable religion like Christianity?
    These are some pretty loaded questions, but I will take a stab.

1) It would be rather arrogant to think we could somehow prevent or circumvent something that God had pre-ordained to happen. Also, Jesus had to die for us to be saved, so no, I would not want to go back and try to "save" Him from being crucified.

2) That really depends on your point of view, but ultimately you have to look at which denomination(s) holds to the full counsel of God (the entire Bible, not just the parts that are popular). This means you have to understand that sin is real, and without Christ dying on the cross there is no salvation.

3) Of course it is not a coincidence. You have to understand that God created us with a desire to be part of something greater, and for those people who were not exposed to God from birth developed their own belief systems, which ultimately led to the development of their own "gods." Each culture will have their own version. It is just the popular ones that have stood the test of time. Though, there is really only one that will get you to heaven.

4) There is only one path to Salvation, and it has nothing to do with being a good person. It has everything to do with being led to Christ through the Holy Spirit and accepting Him as our personal Lord and Savior. No amount of good works will get anyone into heaven.

5) Prayer is not a way for us to somehow persuade God to do our bidding, but for us verbalize our wants and desires and to ultimately lead us to more closely align those with God's will.

6) As alluded to before, there is no other religion that teaches a viable path to salvation other than Christianity. Islam is merely a bastardization of the old testament that was written down by Muhammed and past off as a "religion of peace." It is anything but.

You may find some of these responses rather harsh, but you asked, and these are best way I know of to answer them.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Cultivar

Hi Cultivar.

Hmm, let's see.

1.) I would never attempt to stop Jesus from doing what he came from heaven to do. When Jesus told Peter that he was to die, and Peter took Jesus aside, Jesus rebuked Peter saying, " Get behind me Satan!" Jesus willingly layed down his life for us and it Brought Him much pleasure (John 10:17-18).

2.) I don't think there is a perfectly correct denomination. I like the saying, "If there was a perfect church, we wouldn't be a part of it.

3.) I don't think it's coincidence. Whenever​ man tries to make sense of things he can't understand himself, it seems that different religions pop up. Thank God Christianity isn't just some religion.

4.) There is no truly "good person." It's a tough pill to swallow, but mankind is deserving of hell. Praise God he took pity on us by sending his only son (Jn 3:16, Rom 5:8).

5.) Prayer is our way of talking to God. As we grow in Christ, I believe we should come to realize that yes, we can't change God's will. Instead, as we draw near, we should learn to love his will and side with him.

6.) Islam is a counterfeit of Christianity, just like Mormonism and Jehovah's witnesses. There is only one name by which we can be saved- Jesus! Any belief system that denies Jesus' divinity, denies God, the father.

God bless :)
      Comment>

No. I agree with what Knotical said in the previous post.

There is no right or wrong denomination. The Bible only speaks of individual congregations. Some are faithful to the Truth and some are not.

It is simply a fact of life.

All of us deserve to be burning in Hell and that will be the final destiny of anyone who does not repent of his sins and put his faith in Christ.

God commands us to pray and there are some things he will do only if we ask for them.

Islam is a Satanic imitation of the truth intended to mislead people. The current expansion of Islam may be a sign that we are near the end of the age and that Christ will return soon. The sons of Abraham | clydeherrin
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

It's good to be curious unless it is simply a ploy.

Assuming that one was fully aware of the significance of the crucifixion of Christ, no Christian would try to "save" Him. It was through God's predeterminate counsel and will that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.

None. Ideally there should be no denominations whatsoever.

This may be just your assumption. All "religions" go back to Babylon, so no matter where you go, the same idolatry exists in different forms. Even Allah is a false god. Bible Christianity is the only true "religion".

Human goodness is not sufficient to be saved. All men are sinners by birth and by choice, and all need to be saved by grace. Those who reject the Gospel and reject Christ will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Not all things are predetermined (as some assume). In any event God wants His people to pray.

Islam was designed as an attack on the Gospel and an attack on the truth as found in the Bible. Since the Koran clearly teaches that Christians and Jews are "infidels" it is not an acceptable religion. Since Jihad is a part of Islam, and leads to the slaughter of innocents, it is in fact diabolical.

Comment>

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
            It's good to be curious unless it is simply a ploy.

Assuming that one was fully aware of the significance of the crucifixion of Christ, no Christian would try to "save" Him. It was through God's predeterminate counsel and will that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.

None. Ideally there should be no denominations whatsoever.

This may be just your assumption. All "religions" go back to Babylon, so no matter where you go, the same idolatry exists in different forms. Even Allah is a false god. Bible Christianity is the only true "religion".

Human goodness is not sufficient to be saved. All men are sinners by birth and by choice, and all need to be saved by grace. Those who reject the Gospel and reject Christ will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Not all things are predetermined (as some assume). In any event God wants His people to pray.

Islam was designed as an attack on the Gospel and an attack on the truth as found in the Bible. Since the Koran clearly teaches that Christians and Jews are "infidels" it is not an acceptable religion. Since Jihad is a part of Islam, and leads to the slaughter of innocents, it is in fact diabolical.
            Seconded!
            Great Lucas I don't know how I'd put these factors the way you just clearly quoted them.
            The only homework I'm taking with me now, is to find out the Bible verses which backbones this. I'm undoubtful that there are.
            Comment>

1) I disagree with most views here. I would try to intervene, assuming I knew that an innocent was going to be killed, because God did not make me able to stand by and watch injustice. I would do it knowing that my intervention would be pointless, because what happened was God's will and I could not thwart it. If I did manage to stop it, then the person being crucified was not Christ. If I was asked not to intervene by the victim, then that is a different matter and I would stand aside.

2) All denominations agree on the basics, or they aren't Christian denominations. Therefore they all have different ways of expressing beliefs in the same vital principals.

3) Nope, I think that's an expected result of sociological development in different geographic locations.

4) The question of the 'righteous pagans' which you raise is one that is brought up a lot. Personally I don't think good non-Christian people should burn in hell, but that does raise the question of defining a good non-Christian person (and now we are on to 'no true Scotsman').

5) If your partner cooks every night, why bother thanking her?

6) Define acceptable religion? Do I think it is a mainstream religion that many people follow? Yes. Do I think there are ideas in it I disagree with? Definitely. Do I think that the extremism that certain groups in it show is acceptable? No, and nor do most Muslims.
              Comment>

Originally posted by David View Post
                Seconded!
                Great Lucas I don't know how I'd put these factors the way you just clearly quoted them.
                The only homework I'm taking with me now, is to find out the Bible verses which backbones this. I'm undoubtful that there are.
                Thanks. Let me know if you have any problem finding Scriptures to support those statements. I'll be happy to assist.

Comment>

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
                  Thanks. Let me know if you have any problem finding Scriptures to support those statements. I'll be happy to assist.
                  Thanks Lucas, really appreciate that..
                  Comment>

Cultivar 07-01-2017, 04:29 AM by

It is not a fruitful question. Hypotheticals do not beg an answer.

. None are "right," Spiritually speaking. Only the Holy Spirit is right.

It has nothing to do with "coincidence." It has everything to do with humankind's departure from Truth found only in God's Word.

Biblically, if he or she never confesses Jesus as Savior, or in Judaism refused to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah, that's the case.

It is ultimately God's Will that all confess Jesus as Savior. Romans 10:8-13.

No. It is contrary to the Bible. It opposes the Divine Plan of Salvation. Read about it in John 14:6, John 3:16-17, John 3:3, John 5:24, Ephesians 2:8.9, Romans 10:8-13, Romans 8:1. Do that now.
                    Comment>

It is hard to answer these questions, we can answer but when we are put in the face the fact I don't know what my reaction would be!
                      1) The answer is yes, if I would have my mind that I have now, I would try my best to do something for Jesus!
                      2)As you have said there is no perfect religion, just like us we aren't perfect at all!
                      3) A coincidence, no, the religion got to spread a few centuries ago, this is normal!
                      4)Definitely not! We all believe in God in a way or another, but if we do not belong to the same religion I don't think they should go to hell.
                      5)Is God will is true, but when we show Him that we have changed for Him, He may listen to our prayers.
                      6)The answer is no, Islam is the opposite to what our Bible teaches us!
                      Comment>

Originally posted by wallet View Post
                        It is hard to answer these questions, we can answer but when we are put in the face the fact I don't know what my reaction would be!
                        1) The answer is yes, if I would have my mind that I have now, I would try my best to do something for Jesus!
                        2)As you have said there is no perfect religion, just like us we aren't perfect at all!
                        3) A coincidence, no, the religion got to spread a few centuries ago, this is normal!
                        4)Definitely not! We all believe in God in a way or another, but if we do not belong to the same religion I don't think they should go to hell.
                        5)Is God will is true, but when we show Him that we have changed for Him, He may listen to our prayers.
                        6)The answer is no, Islam is the opposite to what our Bible teaches us!
                        Awesome explanation. I agree with all your point wallet . But up to date, I've never understood why Islam claim to be worshiping the same God as we do (Christians) and when I asked them the difference they state it's just a clash that we take Christ as God but to them He was a prophet. The other factor is the Islamic language, which ain't that a-big-issue.
                        Comment>

Any religion that commits the great majority of terrorism on this planet is not accepted by me. Left wing activists can say "islam is love".
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap