Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Fight with your best friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight with your best friend

There is a small misunderstanding between me and my best friend and she has left me angrily to her home town and couldn't able to contact her since as she is not willing to talk to me. I don't know how I .going to pacify her. I feel very sad and depressed. Please help my dear friends.

Praying!
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Perhaps a written, heartfelt apology would be in order? That way she'll have the time she needs to consider what you've said w/o feeling any pressure to give you an immediate answer. And you should tell her how you feel in the letter, of course, and how much both she and her friendship mean to you.

--David

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Praying for you h. When I was much younger, my mom and her best friend got into an argument. I over heard it and got involved too. After some tears and regret over things said, my mother called and said sorry two days later. I share this story because right after she said sorry, they were back to being best friends; in response, her friend immediately apologized as well. It usually only takes that one word.
        Comment>

Thank you friends for the prayers and support. It means a lot to me. I think the letter would do. It's a good option I feel. After that I would apologize to her in words.
          Comment>

I know exactly how you feel I have faced similar situations before some would have taken longer to resolve than others. You were very good friends and that counts for something. In most instances, good friends never stay away forever. I suggest that you be patient and give her some time to the anger and eventually come around. If she might call you one day and decide to vent some anger over the situation then this may be the cue that she may want to put the conflict to rest and you should be prepared to relate to her in a manner which would not further upset her.
            Comment>

Thank you so much guys and finally, we have talked it out and everything has returned to its normal state. I am so happy that she forgave me and I apologized to her sincerely and as explorerx7 told she said she needed time to think about the situation and to let go of the anger. I felt the same and it was a much-needed space. Thank you all friends for your kind words and prayers.
              Comment>

Originally posted by harijobs
                Thank you so much guys and finally, we have talked it out and everything has returned to its normal state. I am so happy that she forgave me and I apologized to her sincerely and as explorerx7 told she said she needed time to think about the situation and to let go of the anger. I felt the same and it was a much-needed space. Thank you all friends for your kind words and prayers.
                Glad to hear it. When you recover as well as you did after a fight, you know it's strong friendship. 👍
                Comment>

Originally posted by harijobs View Post
                  PTL, that's wonderful news Harijobs. Thanks for letting us know :)

--David

Comment>

You are very welcome David Lee. I have been thinking a lot in that time which helped me to change the way I looked at the problem. At first, I thought we would never be friends again and then I gave a little time and time healed. It is a true statement that time will heal everything and gives you answers. I was praying to God for answers and yes I got the answers because of my patience. Because of my patience, I was able to think clearly and take the correct decision.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap