Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Feeling alone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faber View Post
    I no longer feel as lonely as I used to. I went and got a girlfriend and eventually married her.
    It might seem rather easy to live alone, but it is quite difficult since we will need someone at one point to help us and stand by our side.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Zero View Post

It might seem rather easy to live alone, but it is quite difficult since we will need someone at one point to help us and stand by our side.
      Now I enjoy living alone without a partner which I am yet to find out and experience. I hope I will find it soon. :)
      Comment>

Originally posted by Zero View Post

Living alone isn't hard for everyone. I live alone and enjoy it. I do live in an apartment building where I can interact frequently with other residents. Perhaps I would feel differently about it if I lived in a house by myself.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

theophilus Thank you very much for your reply. With every day, I am reading different responses which help me to gain better insight into changing myself for the betterment of my life. Thank you everyone. :)
          Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
            Yeah reading Nietzsche always make me feel all warm and cozy. JOKE!!!
            Reminds me of a quote from Spurgeon:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spurgeon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	40668

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Thanks William for this amazing quote. I googled about Charles Spurgeon and he seems to be one of the most important and influential preachers of that time and was also famously known as the "Prince of Preachers." :)
              Comment>

In my view sometimes just normal experience to find ourselves feeling lonely even when there are other persons around in same house with us. That may just be a good moment to worship or occupy ourselves with praises to God in our quiet corners. I do that when I feel lonely, to overcome that moment. If you practice this act, you wouldn't know when you get rejuvenated again.
                Comment>

tony Quite an insight though. I have never thought of this and I can use my lonely time to put those moments spent usefully in worshipping God. It will make me feel refreshed and energetic. Thanks for the suggestion.
                  Comment>

I try not to think about all the things that are killing me slowly. It is hard, but I manage to do it somehow. I try to be there, with the people that I am surrounded with, because that is the whole point and they are helping me to deal with that struggle. It's actually much harder when you are home, alone, and don't have anyone near you to keep you away from all the bad thoughts and make you feel better. In that case I just play guitar or watch something to distract me.
                    Comment>

You pray. I find that if nobody else listens to me, whenever I can't listen to myself either, God is always there to do so. He is always the person that I call out whenever I'm in desperate need of help, and He always listens and never lets me down. I don't know what I will do without him. All these physical things and people in the world, they will all fade one day and you will find yourself abandoned at times. Weary not my friend, God will never leave your side and He will always be there for you, no matter what it is you've done :)
                      Comment>

Hi, this happened to me too. It is nothing it can be done to kill this feeling. This is what your soul feels and you must treat your soul and see what he needs? You can bring millions of people around you, you will feel the same. Look deep into your soul and see what is missing, that emptiness was once occupied by something right? See what it was and replace it!
                        Comment>

We've all been there, you can be surrounded by people and still feel alone. I feel like many people around us are also busy with their own things, it seems to be a little harder to make connections with people. I like to keep a journal, if there's no one around to talk to you can always write about it. It's a good way to let your thoughts flow and not feel so alone.
                          Comment>

Thank you, friends, for all your wonderful suggestions. I have started to keep a journal and I write whatever and however I feel. It's like sharing to a friend. It helps me a lot. I will pray to God and pour all my sorrows to him and I think I will definitely get the answers.
                            Comment>

I have always been bit of a loner myself but over the years it has grown a bit, saddening. I am the paranoid type and when I am sitting by myself in a cafe or outside on a bench, I can't help but get this feeling that people are watching and judging me. However, to answer your question I usually try to shrug it off, play on my phone or go somewhere else. I usually go to a more secluded area to relax my nerves and chat with friends online. Sometimes I listen to music and other times I may just play video games are draw. I am now focusing on writing stories, so that sort of helps get my mind off of things.
                              Comment>

Clawstomp Thank you for sharing your experience. Nowadays I am getting this feeling a lot and traveling and art helps me to take away that feeling of being alone. I play some nice music and then sit and draw or paint which makes me feel good and relaxed. :)
                                Comment>
                                Working...
                                X
                                Articles - News - SiteMap