Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

How do you beat stress?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How do you beat stress?

    Stress has become a common problem nowadays and almost everybody is feeling that very casually. I used to beat off stress by watching some movies or listening to music. Or else even after all these, I feel stressed I would sleep off forgetting about all the bad things happened. So what about you? What do you do to beat off stress?

    #2
    Me too. Movie Marathon all day. I try to turn off my phone because, for some reason, my ringtone makes me nervous. Sometimes, I go to quiet places like the beach, read books, and take pictures.
    Comment>

      #3
      I think there is to much stress today like job pressures, money, your health, relationships and poor nutrition. I like to get some sunlight on my face sometimes, while taking a nice hike or run in the park,maybe doing some active things at the beach once in awhile as well. The light helps with your serotonin level and is really good for your mood. Also meditating or hanging out with your cat or dog is cool as well.
      Comment>

        #4
        I am at home most of the time and there are really a lot of factors around that may cause stressful situations. It's not easy to cope under these these circumstances sometimes but if I may find myself drifting into depressing mode I usually pick try to pick myself up and remind myself that merely fussing over the situation won't make it better and wont do me any good so i try to go have a jovial chat with my friends, take a walk, hang out somewhere soothing, do as much as I may to shut out the problem.
        Comment>

          #5
          Thank you, everyone, for replying and sharing your thoughts on your own ways of dealing stress. I try to go out a lot next time when I am stressed as you all suggested and maybe that will be a change for me. Thank you all :)
          Comment>

            #6
            Originally posted by FolkArtist View Post
            I think there is to much stress today like job pressures, money, your health, relationships and poor nutrition. I like to get some sunlight on my face sometimes, while taking a nice hike or run in the park,maybe doing some active things at the beach once in awhile as well. The light helps with your serotonin level and is really good for your mood. Also meditating or hanging out with your cat or dog is cool as well.
            I like to always listen music whenever I am stressed. I believe music is the soul healer. It boosts one morale. Sometimes you find that the music has just the right lyrics that give hope for your woes. I also try and talk to friends. That way I am able to divert the tension in me and it fades away. Friends also encourage me and help me to go through the troubles.
            Comment>

              #7
              Originally posted by harijobs View Post
              So what about you? What do you do to beat off stress?
              Stress is something we bring upon ourselves when we allow worry, anxiety or fear to take control of our minds. Therefore there are ways to fight stress without resorting to drugs, entertainment, or anything external to ourselves. Here are some thoughts on fighting stress:

              1. Know and believe that you have complete control over your thoughts.

              2. Stress is caused by an imagined threat to our well-being (emotional, physical, financial, whatever).

              3. Sit down and write out exactly what it is that is stressing you out.

              4. Then write out as many solutions to the perceived threat as you possibly can.

              5. Finally, act to overcome the situation that is causing you stress -- which means be decisive, do not procrastinate, do not wait for the "ideal" solution but work with whatever is available to you.

              6. Do not discuss your troubles or your problems with others. Talk to God about them and leave them there. But don't sit an wait for "manna from Heaven" (supernatural solutions).

              7. God has given you a brain -- use it

              8. God has given you abilities -- use them.

              9. God has give you time -- use it to the best possible use.

              10. Remember what Christ said -- Anxiety or worry will not add one cubit (18 inches) to your height -- that is if you are a short person (Mt 6:27).

              Comment>

                #8
                I meditate to destress myself. Interestingly, most of the meditation techniques belong to Hindu or Buddhist cultures.
                Comment>

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Lucas View Post
                  Stress is something we bring upon ourselves when we allow worry, anxiety or fear to take control of our minds. Therefore there are ways to fight stress without resorting to drugs, entertainment, or anything external to ourselves. Here are some thoughts on fighting stress:

                  1. Know and believe that you have complete control over your thoughts.

                  2. Stress is caused by an imagined threat to our well-being (emotional, physical, financial, whatever).

                  3. Sit down and write out exactly what it is that is stressing you out.

                  4. Then write out as many solutions to the perceived threat as you possibly can.

                  5. Finally, act to overcome the situation that is causing you stress -- which means be decisive, do not procrastinate, do not wait for the "ideal" solution but work with whatever is available to you.

                  6. Do not discuss your troubles or your problems with others. Talk to God about them and leave them there. But don't sit an wait for "manna from Heaven" (supernatural solutions).

                  7. God has given you a brain -- use it

                  8. God has given you abilities -- use them.

                  9. God has give you time -- use it to the best possible use.

                  10. Remember what Christ said -- Anxiety or worry will not add one cubit (18 inches) to your height -- that is if you are a short person (Mt 6:27).
                  Thank you for the wonderful tips. I always have these in mind when I am feeling down. Now I have started to maintain a journal in which I write down the things that makes me feel stressed and I can feel the difference. Thank you once again Lucas
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    I beat my stress mostly by riding a bike and listening to music. These two things help me a lot with dealing with stress. Especially when I ride solo. Since there is no one there to distract me or potentially make me angry or whatever. Playing guitar also helps me in it, and composing. Sometimes even being surrounded by friends is okay in these situations, literally anything that is distracting you from the pressure.
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      I usually take a long bath after a stressful day. Play some music and light aromatic candles while I'm at it. Exercise is also a great way to lower stress levels, makes you tired and ready to sleep (works wonders for me since I tend to get insomnia when I'm stressed). Playing with children is also great if you like kids. Praying is one of my favorites. Give your problems to Him, and He will help you.
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        If I'm really stressed I'll go to music. It calms me down and makes me feel at ease. Also, painting makes me feel better. I guess doing something you enjoy will help you calm down and forget what's troubling you. At least for a while, it's good to relax after stressful situations.
                        Comment>

                          #13
                          Hi, I guess this is not working for me anymore....the music and movie were working in the past to remove the stress for a while from my life. Now I need to travel, even if it is for a small time, traveling makes me recharge the batteries and forget about stress, daily routine and the real problems from my life!
                          Comment>

                            #14
                            Thank you, friends, for sharing your ways to beat off the stress. I too have started to travel a lot and this has proved to be a great way to beat the stress and distract yourself from the problem for a while giving you a better vision to solve it. I listen to music when I am traveling and the experience is just wonderful. :)
                            Comment>

                              #15
                              Really, that is a tough one. Stress for me comes almost on a daily basis. If I am not worrying over one thing it is another. As immature as it may sound, I would just try to ignore what is stressing you out for a while and just do what makes you happy. Life is too sort to let stress get the better of you. If you are having a problem, just try to think of a solution and apply it. If you can't think of anything at the moment, no need to go and pull your hair. Just take a breather and do something that puts your mind at east, listen to music, go for a walk, maybe exercise. Do something to better help stabilize your mind. Maybe look for a new hobby that might interest you.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap