Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

What is love?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is love?

Poets, authors, artists, philosophers, scientists and anthropologists have tried to define love for centuries. Love is one of the few subjects that has troubled, intrigued and fascinated everyone. What are your views about it?

Originally posted by Geeta06 View Post
    Poets, authors, artists, philosophers, scientists and anthropologists have tried to define love for centuries. Love is one of the few subjects that has troubled, intrigued and fascinated everyone. What are your views about it?
    • John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

Love is Sacrificial.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I was about to go the easy route and quote 1 Corinthians but since you are asking about my views that would be too easy.

I think the difficulty is that many people assume there is only one type or aspect to love and there isn't. You don't love your husband or wife in the same way you'd love your parents or your child, or your oldest friends, and you don't love God in the same way as you'd love worldly beings. The Greeks made it easier because they split the idea of love into multiple distinct types, while English uses that one word to cover everything.

In each case though, Love is not just sacrificing, it is uncomplaining. It seeks no reward or honours for what it sacrifices.
      Comment>

“Love” refers to a pure emotion without blemish, where you use your heart to love, to feel, and to be thoughtful. In love there are no conditions, no barriers, and no distance. In love there is no suspicion, no deceit, no dealing, and no cunning. In love there is no choice and nothing impure.

If you have such love, then you do not deceive, complain, betray, rebel, take, or ask to receive anything or a certain amount. If you love, then you gladly sacrifice.

If you have such love, then you endure hardship, cooperate with God. You would give up your all for Him: your family, your future, your youth, and your marriage. Otherwise your love is not love at all, but deceit and betrayal!:)
        Comment>

Love is God and God is love 1John 4:8
          Comment>

Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
            Love is God and God is love 1John 4:8
            Just some thoughts John,

God is love but love is not God. God is God.

God is the standard bearer for love, and our idea of love can be an idol that replaces God.

For example, how many time have LGBT~Q activist distorted love?

Found a little cartoon that explains it better: God is love, but love is not God - Adam4d.com

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by William

Just some thoughts John,

God is love but love is not God. God is God.

God is the standard bearer for love, and our idea of love can be an idol that replaces God.

For example, how many time have LGBT~Q activist distorted love?

Found a little cartoon that explains it better: http://adam4d.com/love/

God bless,
              William
              Yes, you are right, I misspoke.
              Comment>

Gotta admit when I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of the song from Night at the Roxbury.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
                  Gotta admit when I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of the song from Night at the Roxbury.
                  What is love, baby don't hurt me don't hurt me. No moooore. Definitely the first that popped into my head. The second being, the notions ChatterBox put forth about the many different directions of Greek love; platonic, romantic. I think love is an emotion that is characterized by a sense of euphoria caused by Oxycontin to the brain, love can come from many areas of life.
                  Comment>

Love is a feeling and emotion which we have with the persons who are special to us in our life from the deeds and affection that they have shown to us. It is not possible to love everybody we meet and it depends on the quality of the character of the person.
                    Comment>

Love is Life and Life is Love --- Enjoying life is Actual Love .. The one who does not live life smoothly is not just Lover of Love :)
                      Comment>

Love is the desire to posses some one while simultaneously honouring their freewill, for it is reciprocal.
                        Comment>

Love is really bigger than you are,and also I think it is pretty unpredictable,but you can look for love and its quite unconditional at times. Also love functions independently,like the sun or moon and has its own free will,and does not depend on mankind's planning either. I think love comes from God though,and the evidence being,that God sent Jesus to live among us.
                          Comment>

Love is one beautiful emotion that is creating a whole new world for us. The problem with describing love is that, it is a subjective thing, and no one feels it the same way. It is like describing pain to someone, even though we all know how it feels maybe that same pain wouldn't feel the same if it was us who is feeling it. So describing an emotion has always been absurd to me, but it is the best feeling ever so it is also nice to see how others feel love.
                            Comment>
                            Working...
                            X
                            Articles - News - SiteMap