Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Do all religions lead to God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all religions lead to God?

This question was asked to some and this is the answer they gave."Can you go to a booth and dial any number and it leads you home ? No, just one number will get you home. All roads don't lead to Rome therefore not all religions will lead to God. Jesus said," I'm the way the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me. In the Bible we read that there are only two roads to Jesus Christ. One that leads to him and one that leads away from him. " However, people can have different opinions. What answer would you give?

Pretty much the same as what you said. There is only one way, regardless of what other peoples' opinions are. In fact despite what some people believe the god of islam is not the one true God.
    Comment>

:) It is a great irony that NO religions lead to God. There is no "Well, if you are a Reformed Presbyterian, then you must be saved."

What we have is a WARNING:

Matthew 7:21-23
      21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

... and a PROMISE:

Romans 10:9-10
      9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

... and a PERSON:

John 15:1-8
      1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
      5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

THEREFORE, Jesus can honestly say:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
      Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post
        :) It is a great irony that NO religions lead to God. There is no "Well, if you are a Reformed Presbyterian, then you must be saved."

What we have is a WARNING:

Matthew 7:21-23
        21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

... and a PROMISE:

Romans 10:9-10
        9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

... and a PERSON:

John 15:1-8
        1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
        5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

THEREFORE, Jesus can honestly say:

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
        Yes, but Christianity is the only religion that teaches this doctrine.
        Comment>

I remember a quote from Steve Lawson:

Click image for larger version

Name:	16142449_1266851413395483_7868387916705780936_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	32184
          Comment>

That's a good analogy. Although Christianity is defined as a religion, religion doesn't accurately describe the new life we have. It is really intended to be a lifestyle, lived out, walking with Jesus.
            Comment>

Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
              That's a good analogy. Although Christianity is defined as a religion, religion doesn't accurately describe the new life we have. It is really intended to be a lifestyle, lived out, walking with Jesus.
              If we were to strictly define Christianity as a Religion, then this would probably be the best definition: James 1:27 - Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

If we were to strictly define Christianity as a Religion, then this would probably be the best definition: James 1:27 - Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

God bless,
                William
                While scriptural, am I the only one who would find that a TERRIFYING definition of Christianity?

Salvation by works of kindness and living a Holy life is the 'Religion' of Christianity. [shudder]
                Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post

While scriptural, am I the only one who would find that a TERRIFYING definition of Christianity?

Salvation by works of kindness and living a Holy life is the 'Religion' of Christianity. [shudder]
                  I agree with you, but that's the difference between Religion and Theology.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

Originally posted by ptahm22 View Post
                    This question was asked to some and this is the answer they gave."Can you go to a booth and dial any number and it leads you home ? No, just one number will get you home. All roads don't lead to Rome therefore not all religions will lead to God. Jesus said," I'm the way the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me. In the Bible we read that there are only two roads to Jesus Christ. One that leads to him and one that leads away from him. " However, people can have different opinions. What answer would you give?

HI PTAHM22, I will add one of St. Peter's statements, one that he made to the "rulers and the elders of the people", as additional Biblical support:

Acts 4:12
                    There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.

Quite frankly, the entire passage is so incredible that I'll include it here for anyone who would like to read both v12, as well its amazing context :)

Yours in Christ,
                    David
                    Peter and John Arrested
                    (Acts 4)

1 As they were speaking to the people, the priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to them,
                    2 being greatly disturbed because they were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
                    3 And they laid hands on them and put them in jail until the next day, for it was already evening.
                    4 But many of those who had heard the message believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand.
                    5 On the next day, their rulers and elders and scribes were gathered together in Jerusalem;
                    6 and Annas the high priest was there, and Caiaphas and John and Alexander, and all who were of high-priestly descent.
                    7 When they had placed them in the center, they began to inquire, “By what power, or in what name, have you done this?”
                    8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers and elders of the people,
                    9 if we are on trial today for a benefit done to a sick man, as to how this man has been made well,
                    10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that aby the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead—by this name this man stands here before you in good health.
                    11 He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone.
                    12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

Last edited by David Lee; 01-23-2017, 08:08 PM.
                    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                    Comment>

I'm Hindu and I love god but many people say only our religion is right which frustrates me. Most of the people here are hypocrites because even though they pray and go to temple, they're still rude if you don't believe what they do.

The existence of so many religions and the claim that all religions lead to God without question confuses many who are earnestly seeking the truth about God, with the end result sometimes being that some despair of ever reaching the absolute truth on the subject. Skeptics also point to the existence of so many religions as proof that either you cannot know God or that God simply does not exist.

Many people do not want to believe in a God who demands righteousness and morality, so they invent a God who makes no such requirements.

Many people do not want to believe in a God who declares it impossible for people to earn their own way to heaven. So they invent a God who accepts people into heaven if they have completed certain steps, followed certain rules, and/or obeyed certain laws, at least to the best of their ability.

Many people do not want a relationship with a God who is sovereign and omnipotent. So they imagine God as being more of a mystical force than a personal and sovereign ruler.

The existence of so many religions is not an argument against God's existence or an argument that truth about God is not clear. Rather, the existence of so many religions is demonstration of humanity's rejection of the one true God. Mankind has replaced Him with gods that are more to their liking. This is a dangerous enterprise.
                      Comment>

Hi Geeta06, first off, WELCOME TO CF :)

You've written many interesting things in your two opening posts, some of which I'd love to discuss with you, but for now I'd just like to ask you about your last comment above concerning "humanity's rejection of the one true God". Though we certainly believe in such a Being in Christianity, I thought the Hindu faith believed in 'many' Gods. Is that not true?

Thanks!

Yours and His,
                        David
                        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap