Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Too many religions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many religions.

There are as many religions in the world as the total world's population. It's a shock how people can differently perceive and interpret one supreme being. Why do you think there are so many religions?

There are 6-7 major religions, and a dozen or two minor ones. How is it that you have come to the conclusion that there are as many regions as people?
    Comment>

Originally posted by ptahm22 View Post
      Why do you think there are so many religions?
      Satan is the source of false religions. He wants to keep people from coming to God for salvation so he provides alternate routes to mislead people. If you don't want people to notice a tree the best place to put it is in a forest. To keep people from finding the true way to God he has created a forest of false ways to confuse those who are seeking the truth.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

Satan is the source of false religions. He wants to keep people from coming to God for salvation so he provides alternate routes to mislead people. If you don't want people to notice a tree the best place to put it is in a forest. To keep people from finding the true way to God he has created a forest of false ways to confuse those who are seeking the truth.
        Very well put. If your faith is easily waivered you can find yourself jumping from one religion to another and not realising that the ultimate destination (God) is the same that you are seeking through any path (religion).
        Comment>

Originally posted by Decentlady View Post

Very well put. If your faith is easily waivered you can find yourself jumping from one religion to another and not realising that the ultimate destination (God) is the same that you are seeking through any path (religion).
          That's a very superficial observation. It doesn't take much study to realize that besides the common English word for "God" that different religions do not teach the same God.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post
            There are 6-7 major religions, and a dozen or two minor ones. How is it that you have come to the conclusion that there are as many regions as people?
            One view I have heard is that now two people worship the same way, so if you count ways of worship as religions there are as many religions as people. What that overlooks is that religions are groups of similiar views, ideas and methods of worship and part of it is declaring yourself a member of that faith.

I think there are more faiths than you suggest though. Don't forget the many hundreds of very very small faiths. Isolated tribes with their own faith, small cults with charismatic leaders, schisms that produce new faiths with only a hundred or so members. These all have their own religion, they are just a small ones, and it helps explain why there are so many. Then there are ones officially recognised because of people who are being contrary and just want to mess with government forms...

Comment>

Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
              I think there are more faiths than you suggest though.
              There are only two religions known to man. The most common one is self-justification. The other is Christianity.

Comment>

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post

There are only two religions known to man. The most common one is self-justification. The other is Christianity.

I'd say that that is a pretty good observation. I'd also add that no other religious leader made the claims that Jesus had (Son of God, and no man can come to the Father except through Him). Not Buddha, Muhammad, Gandhi, Krishna, or anyone else.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

I'd say that that is a pretty good observation. I'd all add that no other religious leader made the claims that Jesus had (Son of God, and no man can come to the Father except through Him). Not Buddha, Muhammad, Gandhi, Krishna, or anyone else.

God bless,
                  William
                  If it is a pretty good observation, I must have stolen it from someone. All of my best ideas were first someone else's. ;)

Last edited by thatbrian; 01-21-2017, 07:32 AM.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Decentlady View Post

There is only one way that leads to God and that is by faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus himself said that the road that leads to life is narrow and few find it, but the road that leads to destruction is wide and many follow it.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

Originally posted by ptahm22 View Post
                      There are as many religions in the world as the total world's population. It's a shock how people can differently perceive and interpret one supreme being. Why do you think there are so many religions?
                      Because we are made to worship.
                      We will find something to meet that need.

​​​​​​Jesus said His church is built upon revelation so anything outside of that is a person's own conjecture.

Do you agree?
                      Comment>

2404 I agree that people are made for worship. Until we find Jesus, we will always have a piece/peace missing in our lives. Where in the Bible does Jesus day the church is built on revelation or is that statement an observation
                        Comment>

Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
                          2404 I agree that people are made for worship. Until we find Jesus, we will always have a piece/peace missing in our lives. Where in the Bible does Jesus day the church is built on revelation or is that statement an observation
                          Jesus talking to Peter He said 'Upon this rock'
                          He was talking about the revelation of who He was...
                          Comment>

Consider
                            The gospel is not limited to the first four books of the NT.
                            In Noah's time it was to build an ark
                            In Moses time it was to lead the children of Israel.
                            Martin Luther had a message that was different from Wesley - then Pentecost.

But when man gets a hold of it and starts to govern then the Holy Spirit leaves them sit right there.
                            And so each one of us must be born into the kingdom, not by joining church and putting our name on a book but by the personal revelation of Jesus Christ to us...
                            ​​​
                            Comment>

Originally posted by 2404 View Post
                              The gospel is not limited to the first four books of the NT.
                              Yes. That is a good point; however, as Jesus taught His disciples, those OT gospel stories where about Him. The first 4 books of the NT are the full revelation of a promise made in Genesis 3:15.

In other words, there are not different gospels. There is one gospel which has been progressively revealed throughout redemptive history.
                              Last edited by thatbrian; 01-24-2017, 01:42 AM.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap